We could have a starting 5 of

Viewing 2 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Rylan Jones 4*, Ian Martinez 4*, Caleb Lohner 4*, Timmy Allen 4*, and Matt Van Komen 3* (but also freakishly tall so who cares?)

That would be a really awesome team with a lot of scoring punch if they actually stay together long enough to make it happen. PLEASE COACH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD DON’T SCREW THE POOCH ON THIS ONE!!

2 3

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Is Van Komen even good enough to play? Does anyone have a real scouting feel for him? I’m hoping for the best but am expecting him 3 years time to become serviceable and then transfer seems the most likely.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

He’s looking at being a 7 ft 5 version of Jayce Johnson at the very least. He’s not your typical 7 ft 5 beanpole with no meat on his bones. He actually has a more filled out body than Johnson did at that age. Saw a video of him shooting free throws and he has proper shooting form as far as I can tell.

He seems like an upgrade over Jayce, who was pretty much just good at getting in the way on defense. Matt should be able to do that at least, and much more effectively. He averaged almost 6 blocks a game in high school. No way does he not end up being at least a little useful (assuming he is healthy enough to play).

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I know, right? Jayce was like, “not only am I going to be a bad free throw shooter, I’m going to make it look like the s**ttiest worst style ever.”

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

With Lohner’s commitment, Utah has the number 3 rated class in the country (as of now, per 247).

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Containing my elations for now.  But that is cool. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) We could have a starting 5 of