We may not have much to play for in the short term

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

But a viewing through a macro lens this team is still playing for a lot. With the large amount of underclassmen playing significant roles on this team we have the potential to be special next season. The work we put in now will be critical for how close we get to our cieling next season. I hope the players on this team haven’t let the disappointment from being out of South or big bowl game contention keep them from seeing this

The rest of this season, I am just hoping to compete in every game and to see development from our inexperienced guys. I want to see the o line keep trending up, I want to see guys not named lowell/kylie/bradlee/flip force their way onto the field with their play. Continued growth in a secondary that has a chance to be one of the best in the country next season. And last but definitely not least I need to see the offense execute. Starts with the o line in pass pro and extends to the wrs beating their man off the line allowing routes to mature before Huntleys time is up. This is huge for those 10+ yard throws over the middle that this offense really needs 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I like this. I think this is what I was trying to convey in my post a few days ago, but you did a much better job.

Go Utes!

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Plus the NFL potential for the upperclassmen.  We can still have a respectable season and end the year ranked.  I’d even argue that we can potentially win every game for the rest of the season, although I’m unsure if we will, and win a bowl game.  I know that recruits might not be impressed with us so far, but we can put on a great show the rest of the season.  And who knows, there could still be some chaos in the mix in the south.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I’m OK with a rebuilding year, and I think most of us thought this would be a rebuilding year before the season started.

However, the season has played out a little worse than I expected.  We’re currently on a 3 game skid with the most recent being a blowout loss at home to ASU.

Like I said, I’m OK with a rebuilding year but I do worry about how it will affect recruiting.  I can’t imagine Jack Tuttle is loving what he is seeing from the team this year and we absolutely need a QB like him in our system if we are going to break through to the next level.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

I did get worried about Tuttle’s commitment after the ASU game. Really hope he decides to stick it out and come to Utah.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Me too.  From everything he has said in the past, he seems like a solid Utah commit.  I’m just hoping the offense picks up a bit to give him something to look forward to.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

And don’t forget we are still playing to be Bowl eligible. It is not a given.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We may not have much to play for in the short term