We Missed Chris Reyes

Viewing 10 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Second in scoring at Pepperding. 37.5% shooting from 3 point line. 38 blocks is nearly twice our best shot blocker total of 20. So he couldn’t make the bunnies, but we should have kept him around.

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

I don’t know, man. My eyes don’t lie. He was good at the community college level, and good in the WCC this year. But for two years I watched him play at Utah and his skills just didn’t translate to the PAC-12 where generally all teams are longer, more athletic, and deeper than the other two levels he’s succeeded in. He’s a great kid and a good player, but I didn’t miss him this year.

This is not to say that I think his replacement(s) set the world on fire (Rawson? Collette?), but anyone trying to make the case that we were dumb to let Chris walk has a tough case to make, IMO.

Now if we want to talk about the tragedy that was the case of Chapman, I’m all ears. The way that went down was a bummer for him, LK, and the U.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Our longest guy is Jayce Johnson and he largely rides the pine. Then it’s Collette and he rides the pine during crunch time because of fouls. Is Rawson even a thing?

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

If he was only 6’9″ instead of 6’6″ I think he could have produced some good numbers at Utah

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

this seems similar to Jimmer scored 60 points in China, he’s now ready for the NBA talk 😀

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Huh? What you smoking and where can I get some? 

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

He would have taken Jayce Johnson’s minutes and wouldn’t have been any more productive than Jayce has been. And then he would have graduated, while Jayce will play for three more years.

Actually if last season is any indication Reyes would have been less productive for us than Jayce has been. Last year Reyes averaged 8.4 minutes per game for us, 2.6 points per game, 2.3 rebounds. This season Jayce is averaging 12.4 mpg, he’s scoring 4.2 ppg and getting 4.6 rebounds per game.

So no, we don’t miss Chris Reyes.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Jayce scored 9 points in 13 minutes last night.  Reyes would still be trying to get his first put back right now.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I’ve thought all year we missed the toughness of Reyes.  

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Any extra toughness he brought would have been negated several times over by his offensive ineptitude.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

We could have maybe used Reyes against San Francisco, but that’s probably it.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Rey-ups = missed layups. We don’t miss him.

PDXUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @pdxutefan

LMFAO, Reyes was awful for us. 

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

Second in scoring at Pepperding. 37.5% shooting from 3 point line. 38 blocks is nearly twice our best shot blocker total of 20. So he couldn’t make the bunnies, but we should have kept him around.

I liked him, but he had trouble making a layup while at Utah.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) We Missed Chris Reyes