We should have beat UW last year in Seattle, but blew it in the end.

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

What’s the difference between the two teams this year?  What did the two teams lose or gain since then?

I can’t speak to UW much but I think they are very similar to last November.  But, as for the Utes – here is what I see different.

We lost Carrington, but he was not very healthy then and I think Covey more than makes up for that loss.  We lost Singleton, but have Enis, Dixon and others.

Our QB and top running back are the same.  Most of our offensive line is the same and I believe we have better tight ends.  

On defense, we lost our linebackers, but have replaced them with possibly better linebackers.  We lost 3 defensive lineman, but our two interior guys seemed to have lost focus by that part of the season.  I think our D-line is as good as last year overall.  We are healthier at Safety and we have a year’s more ecperience at corner.

In the end – we should be as strong or stronger on both sides of the ball and I don’t know that UW is any better.

So, the question is – Why can’t we play with these guys on Saturday night?

I know we have not looked good on offense and I don’t know why.  But, we do have a game changer in Covey.  We need a great offensive game plan with a variety of options.  We are not capable of winning the game in the trenches when we are on offense.  So, it will have to be scheme and some outstanding individual play.

I cannot predict this game.  But, I do think UW is vulnerable.

Go Utes!!!

2 1

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

“OL is the same” — then why do they seem to be losing the battle in the trenches vs Weber and NIU?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

They weren’t very good last year.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Everyone seems to feel like they were other worldly last season. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Check the record books. I’ve always questioned why we assumed the same unit that wasn’t good last year would be great this year. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Well snaps over time usually means improvement. They were really hoping to snag that kid who went to USC right?

Thlete
        Ute Fan
        @thlete

It’s sounding like motivation. It’s a very physically taxing position and it’s hard to get amped for nobody opponents but as Covey just said, they are all very excited for conference play and UW in particular. 

Also, UW lost Austin Pettis (Mr punt return) but gained Ty Jones who makes a lot of athletic catches – though not nearly the threat of Pettis yet. 

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Whitts record against Peterson…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We should have beat UW last year in Seattle, but blew it in the end.