We should reach out to Rich Rod

Viewing 8 reply threads
      1 6

Anonymous
      Inactive

We could use some offensive genius, if only for one year. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Only 10 coaches, no? Or can we pull a Whitt’s 11?

2 14

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

There’s no room for any more genius on our offensive staff. We have Troy Taylor and his flip-phone offense.

4 12

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He is a lot better at coaching the RPO.  Sexual harassment stuff is kind of a turn off ot people unless you are President. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

UFN

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Meh it is true SEVERAL presidents have escaped Sexual harassment claims dating back forever. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Harassment allegation was found to be baseless. That said, we already picked our OC. No issue with him stopping by for a brain picking session but I kind of wonder if people can stand him enough.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

That is what DickRod said (allegations are baseless, he passed a polygraph, etc).

The truth is his accuser did not want to cooperate with the University in the investigation, instead listened to the advice of her attorney and took the matter to the DA’s office. 

It seems there is much more to the story that will come out.  (I doubt there is any criminal activity, but there certainly is enough there to preclude hiring him. I think the fact they bought out his contract indicates that).

1 5

Anonymous
      Inactive

All of you “thumbs down” twats are f**ked in the head. Rich Rod has the offensive genius of Urban. It’s rare. If we can tap into it for even a minute, let alone a year, we HAVE to take that opportunity. I wish our athletics dept had the twins to make it happen. I don’t think we have that testicular fortitude. I wish I was wrong.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

DickRod may be an OhFensive genius, but he also ‘tapped’ a cheerleader at WVU and ‘tapped’ a student athlete at Arizona.  We don’t want to get involved with that.

**edit** …’allegedly’

Anonymous
          Inactive

Who TF cares? I’d buy him a nightly hooker if he would share his genius for a year.

If anyone even suggests that they’d pass up some cheerleader strange they’re either lying or gay.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

I think that saying “he will be fine” and doing nothing for an obviously distraught player, then covering up that conversation after said player was found to have committed suicide the following day, would put a bit of a chink in that armor.

‘But he can coach the hell out of the RPO…’

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

How many people drive your car?

Fwiw, our OC situation fell down when we HAD to seize the chance to adjust for Norm Chow and his genius until he left that fall. We are still trying to recover years later.

Anonymous
        Inactive

If we had had competent offensive coaching personnel to follow Norm we would not have had to endure that process to which you refer. Instead, we had ARod and the FOREHEAD. Now we have Troy Taylor, who is (IMHO) an offensive guru in the making. If we can get him, we have to try.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Spread to Norm to spread was not kind. Whitt swung the pendulum too far to Brian to get more longevity. I think the Troy pick gets a little more of this plus talent. Hopefully it works. Have no problem with RRod coming in for schemes and film a few weekends this spring. Just think that a FT slot might be problematic.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I’ve gotten the impression that RichRod dislikes KW. RichRod just seems like an asshole in general though so maybe I’m mistaken.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We should reach out to Rich Rod