We should schedule UCF

Viewing 5 reply threads
      8 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

They play in a massive stadium in a market we recruit. We have a lot in common with them. Harlan is from that area. They’re dying for a P5 game. Home and home. Git r done Mark!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Buy out next year zoob game at their erector set stadium. Get a home game with UCF instead. Return game a year or two down the road. Danny White is their AD. This should be workable. 

We played NIU FFS. 

1 3

Anonymous
      Inactive

It would be great tv! We could get broadcast partner to pay off the zoobs like the two-dollar handjobs they are. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m hoping our future schedules look more like this:

8 conference games, 1 p5 game, 1 in-state game (cycle between BYU-P, USU, WSU, SUU), 2 g5 games

Any FCS not named Southern Utah or Weber is not welcome.

Anonymous
        Inactive

We need high profile eastern and central time zone games. We need big teams to come to us. When we had aTm and Michigan, it was heaven. We need that yearly. Play Miami for “The U.”  Stuff like that. Winning is primary, but winning with exposure is necessary. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Definitely

Anonymous
        Inactive

And any team we play that is not p5 should be on a 2-for-1 deal.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I don’t think we’re there yet. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I’m not sure anyone is there anymore. It’s too expensive to do a 2 for 1. A lot of P5 schools are going back to a H/H deal. Didn’t Miami just play in Wyoming? 

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

90% of the G5 opponents should be from Florida or Texas. USU once in a while. TDS never.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I would much rather help USU with games, H’nH, than ever play the zoobs again. 

prestitute
            Ute Fan
            @prestitute

USU H and H isn’t too bad as there is such a low travel cost. Honestly, I would rather even do what WSU used to do with Idaho and let the ‘home game’ be held in RES or something for USU and split gate with them or whatever. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yeah, once every four years was my compromise, but I’d be cool with dropping them completely.

homer
          Ute Fan
          @homer

Ideally that would be great, away games in recruiting areas.  Obviously the Texas and Fl teams want to play games in their alternate recruiting areas too. Scheduling them becomes problematic. It takes two to tango

Anonymous
            Inactive

You think they don’t want access to Utah HS recruiting?  Alabama, Texas, Florida, USC, Ohio State all come here to recruit. When we get our bigger stadium we will be able to draw some of these teams. It will be glorious!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

We will always play an FCS team because the schedules are too tough. 

If you are Whitt, you have two options: play an FCS team and have a healthier team and a better shot at winning in November

or

Play a tougher schedule and have fans p**sed at you for not winning more games. 

Look at USC this year. Tough schedules get you nowhere. Schedule down. 

Fans want things in this order:

1 – Tough schedules AS LONG AS YOU ARE BEATING THE TOUGH TEAMS. If you play a tough schedule but lose, fans hate you. 

2 – Easy schedules and wins.

The good news is, the playoff committee agrees with fans. If you win but have an easy schedule, you are in. 

So, do #2. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

We played Weber, NIU and BYU this year. How much easier can it get and still be football?

TSKCoug
      Ute Fan
      @tskcoug

UCF will eventually get into one of the power 5 conferences, might as well get some games against the Knights before they get accustomed to playing a slate of tougher teams.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Our non conference away games should be in Fla. Texas Cal. and Hawaii for Recruiting

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We should schedule UCF