Weather has improved for Friday

Viewing 6 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

its gone from a full week of rain leading up, to a day of sun on Thursday. Gone away from the 90% of “heavy rain” forecast to a 65% and “periods of rain. 

Obviously we have rain experience this year and im fine if it does rain. But the ultra sloppy mud pit game that would have been in the previous forecast wouldnt have been good

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Game conditions are just crap. This actually has me more concerned than the opponent. Both teams play in this sloppy of a mess. Leave it to the conference to screw up again. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Is the field level above sea-level? I think Candlestick’s field was at or below sea level. It was always wet.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

The better team is still the better team in bad weather. It just skyrockets variance. Which can benefit either team but in a vacuum is exactly what you want if you are the underdog

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

That ASU game was wet and miserable and our defense looked like a juggernaut. Similar to the WSU game. We ready. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The way the weather was going it looked like Niners @ Redskins in that tropical storm. Niners won 9-0 in the slop obviously that was played in Washington but that was similar conditions leading up to and during the game. 

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

When was the last time we played on natural grass this year? USC?

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Yes. Played on grass twice this year in Provo and at USC. Grass wasn’t the issue vs USC. 

Warrior Ute
          Ute Fan
          @warriorute

Played on wet grass one time, thanks to the tears of Brigham.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Niners vs Redskins is a good example. Played in good condition, Niners dominate. Bad conditions can minimize advantages and be flukey. May be harder to get style points, but I’ll take the win in any shape or form.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

The field was atrocious last year. Lots of slippage. Not sure if there will be an improvement. My guess will be same or even worse. Worried about fluke plays.

Playing man to man could be risky. One slip and bye bye. Oregon plays mostly two deep zone.

It will come down to if we can sustain long drives by running the ball, jet sweeps, Tyler running for a first, pass completions and ultimately a good third down success rate(which we have been great at).

Time of possession will be critical as will be producing TDS over Fgs in red zone. Oregon is top 10 in nation at that stat. So are we.

I would love to throw at least two deep to JDixon to loosen up there D.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

I believe they changed out the turf after last years game.  I believe just before the National Championship, they brought in 2 inch deep sod grown on plastic to increase grass density and it has almost a full year of taking deeper root.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

^^ This makes me feel better.

Warrior Ute
            Ute Fan
            @warriorute

I hope it is better.  I live in the Bay Area and I know that the turf quality was a complaint for many wet games.  Since the replacement r I don’t think there has been a rain game played here.  Hopefully they finally got the field right.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

For Friday or Friday evening/night??  The official forecast is currently 100% chance of rain showers.  That is rare to see from a 2-day forecast.  It is “just” showers.  But that just means off-and-on, not continuous, can still be heavier at times.  Seems similar to Hoilday Bowl, unfortunately.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Ugh, that Holiday Bowl experience was awful. And the weather was even worse. Probably my least favorite visit to the whale’s vagina.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Weather has improved for Friday