Weddle played every defensive snap

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This guy is 37, has been retired for two years, and just three weeks ago started playing football again.  It’s amazing that he played every snap yesterday.

The ultimate Ute. 

The only bad news is that he delayed his potential hall-of-fame bid for two years. 🙂

UTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @utute

Might end up solidifying it for him though. 😁

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’m amazed that the guy kept himself in good enough shape during retirement to play every defensive snap without being totally gassed.

I was a college athlete, and Weddle got me wondering how long I could last if I tried to return to my sport at a high level. I’m just a few years older than Weddle. I figure I could last about 5-10 minutes at my current fitness level.

That’s some serious self-discipline from Weddle to maintain the fitness required to step off the street and play an entire game at the highest level of the sport.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

In the 4th quarter, when 49ers had the ball at midfield facing 2nd and short, Eric came through the line for a TFL then assisted on the tackle on 3rd down to force the punt.  HUGE plays that contributed for the win.

Amazing he stayed in shape the last 2 years to be able to perform at this level.  Hoping he gets a ring in 2 weeks.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Two things I noticed about Weddle yesterday. 

1. He is basically lining up the LBs and DBs and giving them their assignments and what to look for. that’s pretty amazing since he was just added to the roster. Maybe they’re using a system he is very familiar with.

2. His whole career I’ve noticed he looks like the most happy go lucky player out there, then at the snap of the ball seems to go into ultra-focused mode, sniff out the play, make a play then help the other teams player up. I’ve never seen a player look so “lost” before the snap of the ball then just go into automatic mode as soon as the ball is snapped. I’m not saying he is lost, he just looks like he’s taking the play off then boom so dialed in.

I’ve loved watching him play. He sometimes seems like a cat playing with a mouse.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Weddle played every defensive snap