Week 3 bowl projection: Sun Bowl – Louisville vs. Utah

Viewing 2 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

After Week 3, ESPN’s Bonagura has predicted a Sun Bowl matchup between Utah and Louisville. I know these predictions don’t mean much, especially so early in the season, but I think this would be a fun game. I would love to see if our D can subdue a Lamar Jackson.

So realistically speaking, who would you like Utah to play in this year’s bowl game?

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Of the non-NY6 bowl games, my preference would be the Holiday Bowl vs Ohio State. I’d go to that one in a heartbeat. I’ll also accept Michigan, Wisconsin, or Michigan State. (Penn St went last year, so not likely they get invited 2 in a row)

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Ah, Whitt vs Meyer! I’ll take that. I like our chances against this Ohio team.

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

Penn State Played USC in the Rose Bowl last year.

St George Ute
          Ute Fan
          @stgeorgeute

Oops! My mistake. You are correct. Then Penn St would be added to my list. Take off Wisconsin though as they played in the Holiday bowl 2 years ago and the Big10 agreement with the Holiday bowl is 5 different teams over 6 years (so no Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Nebraska this year).

Thanks for helping me see the error of my ways. 🙂

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I thought the same thing when I read the Louisville prediction. 

Outside of a Rose Bowl, I agree with the suggestion of the Holiday Bowl vs. Ohio State, Michigan or Michigan State. I have close friends in both Michigan fan bases and it would be fun to get a marquee opponent and possibly arrange a trip to watch the game with my friends. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Michigan would be a great matchup, too. I hate Harbaugh. I will totally relish a chance to go 2-0 against him.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Week 3 bowl projection: Sun Bowl – Louisville vs. Utah