Ute Fan
      @dresden

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

They were just pushed out by other young players. Barton, Damuni, Medlock, Reid… We do need a few more depth players at LB. I wonder if there’s another transfer or two in the pipeline.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

The 2 LB system is tough for retaining talent. Just not a lot of playing time for non-starters. Tufaga and Wegis didn’t even see the field.

It’s crazy how stacked this position group is. It’s almost unfathomable to think that Utah was starting walk-ons just 5-6 years ago.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Have 2 committed in the class if I’m not mistaken. Plus Fotu returns so we’re at 5 with experience and 2-3 underclassman. Plus a few others.

Ritchie and Bishop play the same position…not saying it’s gonna happen but if Nate gained weight the past two years he could help there too. I don’t expect that however.

tanute3
            Ute Fan
            @tanute3

Could Ritchie and Bishop share the two safety positions? Ritchie replace Hubert next year? That’s what I’ve been hoping for

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

Experience at TE has become a big need especially if Kuithe leaves. Afraid to say not having Kincaid on the field in the Rose Bowl will be a big problem, that’s how much Kincaid impacts the game. Kendall and Yasmin have stepped up in needed roles. Munir, IIRC has not lined up on offense line since the first USC game. The other TEs, Vaha, Morris, Pututau I’m guessing played STs if they’re still on the team??? Coach FW will get it done.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

70/30 Kuithe stays and 100% if Cam comes back IMO.

1 18

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Maybe unpopular opinion but I want Rising to move on. I am not doing that on the basis of what I have seen from NJ making me overly excited. But I just feel like seeing NJ and JJ lead the offense is something interesting and new.

I don’t believe Rising will improve vastly for a 2023 run. If anything defenses will be even more prepared for him. I am not ignoring the objective fact that Risings experience gives Utah a very good chance at CFP. I just think a potential is there with NJ possibly. Which I could be totally wrong and someone else starts entirely if Rising leaves.

UteFanatic
                Ute Fan
                @utefanatic

Imagine not wanting the guy who led Utah to back-to-back conference championships to come back if he wants to. C’mon, man! 

1 6

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

We know exactly what Utah will be competing for in 2023 a conference championship and Rose Bowl with Rising.
                  As far as progressions go Utah has done so each year with new potential and a new qb. I don’t believe Rising can lead Utah past what he has already done. Florida and Oregon games Rising had his chances and failed.

It isn’t a hot take or anything based on facts I am ignoring. I think Utah’s potential with new guys is more than what Rising can offer. I would assume NJ leaves though which isn’t something I like to risk either.

UtesRule
                    Ute Fan
                    @utesrule

C R A Z Y!!!!

EagleMountainUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @battlegroundute

Or just Or I am OPTIMISTIC about Utah’s recruiting and ability to prepare NJ.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

Being bored with Cam Rising is one heck of a hot take, haha.

Rubbing some snow on my phone just to cool it off.

UteFanatic
                  Ute Fan
                  @utefanatic

I’ve never downvoted a post as quickly as I did this one. Lol.

4 1

UtesRule
                Ute Fan
                @utesrule

Eagle…what??? Are you kidding??!! Did you not want Andre Miller to return after the 1997 Elite Eight run because it was time for something fresh??

More than a little confused by this post.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

In 1998 there wasn’t a good back up and the portal wasn’t a thing. Not a good comparison

1 2

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

Straw man to solidify his own view.
                    I am not even saying it is going to be NJ. The same result could be NJ transferring if Rising leaves and Utah brings in a transfer qb.

4 1

UtesRule
                Ute Fan
                @utesrule

Yeah, I agree. While we’re at it, I hope Sione Vaki, Simote Pepa, Junior Tafuna, Money Parks, Ja’Quindon Jackson, Cole Bishop, the entire O-Block, Van Fillinger and I think I’m missing a few others…I really hope they all move on. It’s time for a new fresh look. I mean, WHO WANTS A 3-PEAT PAC-12 Championship run and a legit shot at the CFP anyway. That’s so old school!

1 2

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Yeah that is exactly what I am saying new Head coach as well. Lord talk about hyperbole to straw man.

3 2

UtesRule
                    Ute Fan
                    @utesrule

Talk about a stupid take!!! Wanting an unproven RS Freshman (granted, appears to have a high ceiling) over a PROVEN Senior QB who has lead his team to back to back PAC-12 titles and Rose Bowls. That’s a mighty big gamble, IMO!

1 2

UtesRule
                Ute Fan
                @utesrule

Lastly, why is it that the backup QB is the most popular player on the team?

1 1

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Your view of my opinion is very narrow and you keep bringing up irrelevant points. By that logic I would want Barnes? Huh?

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

A more mature, experienced Rising NEXT YEAR may not throw that INT in the red zone at Florida with 26 seconds left. He’d likely make better decisions and manage the offense even better.  I would say that if this season was his 3rd full season as a starter and not his 2nd, we may have only lost 1 game to this point, instead of three. 

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I raise the decisions he made in Florida with the MULTIPLE mistakes he made against Oregon. Like I said I have seen enough. This is his ceiling.

Tony (admin)
                    Admin/Founder
                    @admin

I did say “may.” 

D T
                    Ute Fan
                    @azute1

You’re ignoring CR’s injury.

EagleMountainUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @battlegroundute

No I am taking that into account which in my view seems to bolster the view of a ceiling. Injuries happen in Football. He sat for Wazzu and said he is good to go after that. Coaches even deemed him to be the best option after that.
                      Like I said I am not ignoring all of the factors, the pros and cons have been done. I just am adding weight to certain factors differently than you may be.

2 2

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

I’m with you Eagle. I love Cam and won’t be mad if he stays, which I think he will. I’m mostly worried about Johnson getting impatient and hitting the portal.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

NJ has upside is all I am saying. The potential is there. JJ can be a huge part of the offense in 2023. Which btw the SOS being what it is? It is going to be a tall order for even a more “refined” Rising.
                  What I saw in the Oregon game kind of solidified it for me. I have seen enough from Rising.

2023 defense and 2024 are going to be very very good. I have said this for years.

RedUte14
                    Ute Fan
                    @redute14

I tend to agree with Eagle, however I am not opposed to either decision. Both provide excitement for me.

EagleMountainUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @battlegroundute

I am not the ANTI Rising guy. It probably seems that way. I will be happy with that but it just delays the inevitable until 2024. You always get a break in year. I would say 2023 is the year to do a break in year with the new CFP in 2024.
                      Utah’s better chances will be 2024.

Tony (admin)
                        Admin/Founder
                        @admin

Yeah man I kind of get what you’re saing, but you’re more for a non-proven than a QB that’s won you two pac-12 championships!  Tough crowd! 

CityCreekUte
                Ute Fan
                @citycreekute

lol what?!?!?!

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Yeah, makes sense. OnlyU, what do you know about the Morris kid at TE? He seemed to have a lot of upside potential coming in from Syracuse. IMO, if BK and CR come back the WR and the other TE/hybrid position will be intriguing during the off season. Utah at the moment is loaded at all the other position groups. What’s the status on Vele? Utes need him back badly for the RB. Solo is due for a big game as well. Two of my favorite Utes…Foshor!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wegis to the portal