Well, look at it this way.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

We all know the Utes were probably disrespected by the committee for not having any ranked wins. As a result, we are given an extra, some say “crappy,” game, against a blue-blood opponent who can be very dangerous, in a cool venue. Sure SA might not be cheap to get to, but it’s a great town, and the Alamodome is pretty cool.

I’m looking at this positively. How hard would it be to schedule Texas in the preseason? You gotta take these opportunities when they’re offered and make your statement.

Go Utes!

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I’m disappointed that it isn’t the Rose Bowl or CFP or even the *Holiday Bowl, but it is one of the best bowl games we’ve ever been invited to, against a name program, and it’s a very winnable game. 

12-2 with a bowl win over Texas sounds like a great year to me.

*I realize the Holiday Bowl is lower than the Alamo in the pecking order but I’ve always thought it should be 2nd and playing #16 Iowa would be a great matchup.

1 6

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Not so sure this is a “very winnable game”.  It will be curious to see how many Utes sit this on out.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I’m not sure how they determine bowl rankings. I know the payout determines the rankings but I don’t know how they determine payout. During the next bowl cycle, the Holiday Bowl is getting bumped down one spot and the Las Vegas Bowl moves up to #2.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

So Rose, Vegas, Alamo, Holiday, Sun… What others?

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Only if Vegas changes the dates, which they are unlikely to do.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I just looked at some info online. They’re talking about moving up the Vegas to the #3 spot after Rose & Alamo. I think they are pushing the date later into December, and we’re adding the Los Angeles bowl.

Vegas will alternate SEC and B1G. LA will be vs the MWC.

UteHorn21
      Ute Fan
      @utehorn21

The Alamo has the highest bowl payout that’s not a NY6 bowl game.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Well, look at it this way.