Well then…

Viewing 4 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

That was garbage, nothing but landfill flies and maggots trash. Now I heard from multiple posters from multiple sites that we know what we get with Williams (over Huntley) but we also know what we get with Whittingham every damn year. He was flat out embarrassed by Graham. A coach that was on everybody’s ‘hot seat’. We as Ute fans can always expect a Whittingham coached team to ‘s**t the bed’ at least once every season. Utah was a -10.5 favorite, in Vegas terms, that’s huge and for this Ute team to go out there and play their worst game of the season (in mid October mind you) is unacceptable. Forget the November slide, it’s here already! Thank Odin we caught Arizona early. We can’t expect the ‘D’ to keep Utah close this season, they stink just as bad as the offense. Four 85+ yard TD drives the last two games?  This quasi-nepotism that Whittingham has with his coaches needs to stop, Scalley needs to go! Williams should have started the second half, Huntley wasn’t ready. Or better yet, my favorite, “let’s see what Bateman can do!” What a joke today. What an embarrassment and Whittingham needs to be called out on this pathetic excuse for Ute football. I can handle a close game loss but this was… No words can describe what I have seen today! Echoes of ’10, ’13 and ’14 today. Maybe worse because it was @ home. Garbage. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I would tell all fans to go easy on the defense until we have an average offense. 

Asking the defense to carry a team when they are on the field most of the first half isn’t wise. 

Asking a defense to carry you when the offense turns the ball over just outside of the red zone is foolish. 

The problem is simple: our offense sucks. It’s the worst we’ve ever had and it’s killing the rest of the team. 

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

^^^ this. Thank you 

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Utah:

You’re probably right but I could bring up zero sacks and dropped INT’s to counter. It’s a rebuilding season right?! Just frustrated, that was embarrassing.  

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Again, when ASU has the ball two out of every three minutes your offense sucks. And that hurts your defense. 

Our offense is BYU level on third down conversions and red zone. That will kill the defense. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

they gave up 23 points on 3 turnovers. I know they still have problems but the defense didn’t lose this game. The defense didn’t really come close to losing this game. Going 3 and out and turning the ball over lost this game.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

^^yes. If we could produce an offense that would score 30 points/game, we may only have one loss.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

The D came out flat everywhere except in the redzone. That wasn’t on the O in the first quarter when ASU was able to drive and score 3 times. That’s a D that hasn’t done key things for weeks (or against decent Offenses) this year. I’m not sure what’s going on, but we aren’t performing on D the same as in years past. I DO see the 3rd and 4th Q gassed D being a complete issue with our Offense doing 3 and outs …and that’s something that was a big problem last year except when Booker took over the team.

Real question…when was the last time our Quarterback keep the O on the field for sufficient sustained drives? I think we’ve been lucky with a nice string of tough as nails RBs who are responsible for a lot more wins than any QB play.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

I agree with THEeyepatch post. If I had 10 dollars for every time a Ute fan says wait until next year or this is a rebuilding year… The team isn’t going anywhere. 7th season in the south and we wont even sniff a chance for the title this year. If Utah finishes below .500 this year why would we expect to have a premiere recruiting class. On the bell curve of probability I think the chances are just as good or better that this team regresses to a consistent sub .500 team as it is that we become a premiere in the hunt for a conference title type team every season. 2008 is now a decade ago.. I for one am ready for a fresh start at head coach.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Well then…