Went over to read UFN today and wow is that place now dead.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      6 3

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

The amount of comments and threads has died. The site is almost completely dead. The amount of comments here are way more “utecentric”. I’m so happy Tony built this site. It’s a great site that is what UFN should have been. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Part of that is because no one can post anything.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

BUT, Tacoma’s last post is so amazing, not only did it crash the site, but it has more red stars every time I look at that place.

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

Well, I think that UFN is actually literally dead, unless someone brought it back to life.  And yes, I am glad that Tony has built this site, but I am unbelievably annoyed that there is ZERO chatter on utah basketball. And before people chime in and chastise me for not starting or contributing, go back and look at what I’ve written.  I’m not going to continue to put stuff out there that nobody gives any thumbs up to because it appears that nobody reads them, or if they do, they apparently don’t like them, and they surely don’t respond.  So at the end of the day, I’m talking to myself because nobody else appears to care.  

But I don’t think that is a UteHub problem nor a UFN possible solution.  I think it is the same thing that leads to empty seats in the Hunty when the building is sold out for a game with a top 10 rival.  Yes there were a lot of empty seat visible against the Ducks, way too many.  Utah is officially a football school and would rather bitch about football recruiting then talk about one of the better “teams” Utah has had in a while.  Ug, sorry for the p**sing and moaning, but I’m just sorely disappointed because our days are numbered if we can’t generate some excitement around this team.  What bball recruit wants to come to a school that doesn’t care about the bball program?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Football is King right now. Sorry, but that is just the way of the world.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

It’s not just Utah, college basketball in general has been on a slow descent for several years. That being said I agree, I’d like to see more hoops talk, especially with our biggest game of the season to date in a couple of days.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Minnesota don’t let the number of replies you get on a post lead you to believe nobody is reading it.  Proportionate to the number of visitors the site has, posters are a very small percentage.  Most people lurk.

UtahMan77
        Ute Fan
        @utahman77

A couple thoughts in response to Minnesota

1. Football is king. Personally I don’t give a rats ass about a potential recruit that ‘could be’ real good. People spend way too much time investing time on recruits and what school they go to.

2. Maybe there is less talk because there are more basketball games and we don’t have that week to build up to one game. There are more games and one or two of them aren’t going to make as much of a difference as one or two football games.

3. I was thinking the opposite when you talked about the Hunty being emptier than it should be. My wife got me the ticket deal for all of the conference games for Christmas and I was thinking to myself this past weekend it’s good to see the Huntsman Center fuller than it’s been in years past (I’m thinking the Giac and Boylen years). I grew up during the Majerus heyday and was a student up there at the end of Majerus/beginning of Giac. I had season tickets for about 20 years from the early 90’s through 2010 or so. While we are not at the peak years of Majerus attendance, we certainly are way better than most of the 2000’s. Like mentioned above it’s a trend around all of College Basketball, so I would say we’re doing better than most. The NBA age limit really set back college basketball.

4. While I am pleasantly surprised at the growth this years team has shown I think most everybody came into this year realizing it was going to be a rebuilding year. And yes this is one of the better ‘teams’, but this team will not be better (record wise) than 2 years ago where they made it to the sweet sixteen, and even last years 2nd round team. People don’t care about teams vs superstar players but about winning and losing. And I think most agree this year is down from the past two years.

5. I think the new basketball center will sway recruits more than attendance.

Just my two cents from one who is crazy.

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

Good points. I would add that the decline of college basketball refers to the regular season, which has been rendered all but meaningless. College basketball owns March, because of that the regular season has become an afterthought.

I initially agreed with #5, but we haven’t really seen fruits from that labor. Two years after the new practice facility opened – years in which Utah won 26 and 27 games, finished 2nd in the PAC 12 twice, and went to the Sweet 16, we’re still striking out on high level recruits. Hopefully we’ll have enough to convince Emmanuel Akot to sign here next year, we’ll see.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s broken, but works enough to show posts. It has become its own archive of itself, preserved for all time, or at least until the current xmission billing cycle ends. 

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

Isn’t the owner going through a divorce? Maybe he’s making the asset tank deliberately thus making it less valuable. Then, once the divorce decree is final, it will be miraculously revived.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

That thought crossed my mind.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

From what I’ve heard she got the site back up last time it was down. I haven’t seen any mention of it on their Twitter this time though. Looks like it’s over.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

Literally zero people show as being logged in to UF.N. I guess the fat lady has sung.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I check the site out a few times a week (only to find not really working very well) then move onto other sites (as pretty much anyone else I presume).  Very few people (if any) seem able to even login if they try and no one seems able to post.  

Could be that this site ends up growing and becoming the leading Ute fan site.   May take awhile for it to approach the volume of UFN in its glory years.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Ute Hub had 4581 unique visitors yesterday.

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

Is that a new record?

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

No. The record is 6281 unique visitors in one day, Oct 24th 2016. No idea what happened that day.

The average unique monthly visitors is a record though, this month at 3562/day.

Site traffic is on a steady growth line.

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

It looks like ufn was down from Oct 20 to Oct 26 (UCLA game was on Oct 22). Oct 24 was a Monday and everybody probably wanted to talk about Joe Williams rushing for 320+ yards.

Tony (admin)
                  Admin/Founder
                  @admin

There you go. That makes sense.

AZswayze
                Ute Fan
                @AZswayze

Holy s**t. I had no idea so many lurkers…lurked.

houhi43
      Ute Fan
      @houhi43

Its really sad. I’ve been visiting that site since 2004 and have really enjoyed the in-depth discussions, banter between posters, rivalry smack, etc. It was always the first web page I’d visit every day; I will miss it a lot.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

As Coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined UFN. And it’s not only merely dead, it’s really most sincerely dead.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

As a necrophile I must aver, I thoroughly “examined” UFN, and it’s not merely dead, it’s most sincerely dead.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

It seems like a vegetable. It still has vital signs but there’s no brain activity. 

Riot West
          Ute Fan
          @riotwest

It’s the Terri Schiavo of Utah websites.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

Did JEB! Bush force somebody to keep it going?

Riot West
              Ute Fan
              @riotwest

UFN appeared to respond to being hit in the face by a balloon

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

or a tea bag

Riot West
                  Ute Fan
                  @riotwest

It’s a troll job on Moose. They let Moose think he saved the board, and right as he got comfortable, BAM it stops working. The only thing missing is a Rick-roll on repeat.

Big Z
                    Ute Fan
                    @bigz

Last time I logged on it showed Moose as being in the Chat room by himself. My guess is Chris is killing the value.

DanielLaRussoUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @daniellarussoute

Does value tanking even work in an attention economy?
                      So he tanks the value enough that he gets to keep it… but how long will that take? And how does he recover the value on the other side? Who would go back if it was off for months?

Maybe I’m just a disloyal web user…

Tony (admin)
                    Admin/Founder
                    @admin

It’s a troll job on Moose. They let Moose think he saved the board, and right as he got comfortable…

…and made a big donation LOLZ

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Went over to read UFN today and wow is that place now dead.