We’re Going To Learn A Lot

Viewing 4 reply threads
      7 1

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

We’re going to learn a lot about the team after this week in how they respond. We have a great opportunity to get back into rhythm next week against a rebuilding Oregon team. It is almost a sure thing that we’re out of the running for the South division at this point. But we still have a great opportunity to make this a respectable season considering all that’s happened and to grow as a football team.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not thrilled about a “moral victory”, and I was just as upset yesterday as many of you were. But it happened, it’s over. On to the next one. 

Yesterday made me think of a motivational podcast segment from Jocko Willink (ex Navy SEAL): 

We talk about being Ute Proud. Let’s go out and get better. Let’s play with some pride. 

1 4

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I’m trying to think of the ‘moral victory’ you’re talking about? 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

I think he’s referring to the opportunity to improve/respond. 

3 1

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

That’s it, yup. 

1 4

THEeyepatch
            Ute Fan
            @theeyepatch1

Awesome, so now Ute fans are hoping for ‘moral victories’? Gotcha. Just like the tds. Hilarious.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Just like Michigan. And USC. 

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

We have one heck of a punter.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think we will learn a lot more about the coaches. Can they motivate the players and correct the problems enough to get a couple more wins.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

All we need is two. Then we have several extra weeks of practice, which will help for next season.

1 2

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

I have very little hope for this program as a Power 5 member under the leadership of coach Whitt. If they couldn’t win the South last year with 8 NFL draft picks from that team (one of the highest in the country) then what makes us think that a couple of extra weeks of practice this year (trash bowl game) will help set the stage for a glorious run next year? It was fun joining the Pac 12 but the luster has worn off. I almost long for the days of being a beast as a mid major and at least having the plausible deniability in our little imagination that we were as good or better than the big boys, and sometimes we were for at least one week. #Sugarbowl

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Damn son…you seem to be struggling tonight.

I would say one of the problems is that, while we’ve had NFL talent on our team for years, we’ve never had it at the position that matters most: QB. Until we have an elite QB, we won’t win a conference title. Name me a school that has ever won the PAC12 without a great QB.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s our problem. We have NFL talent, not Pac-12 talent. It’s almost like Kuzma. He’s better as a pro!

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

That’s a great point GameForAnyFuss. I cant argue that whatsoever but can ask you what will it take to get a good functional to very good QB in here?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Good question…and if I had the answer, I’d be the football staff instead of sharpening pencils at my current job. I would say it probably starts with having some stability on the offensive coaching staff. I don’t know if Taylor is the answer, but at some point the game of musical offensive coordinators has to end.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We’re Going To Learn A Lot