What a fun game! Major props to ND

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Everything about them was fantastic. Fans, players, coaches, radio guys. Top notch. 

Second, man they are a good team. Well coached, good players, super assignment sound. 

#8 and #6 in defense. Wow. They probably saved 5+ TD’s. 

I’ve never seen a team so assignment sound. Didn’t miss tackles, didn’t blow assignments, took advantage of us when we were lazy. 

What a great team. I wish our guys were as disciplined and equal tacklers. We’d never lose. 

What a great game. 

Huntley was great for his first game. Had he connected on the Carrington and Singleton deep balls, he would have had 3 TD’s and 300 yards passing. He has the chance to be very, very good. 

Couldnt ask for a better first game. 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

They executed the basics flawlessly. I love our athleticism, but would love to see our execution improve. I agree, we’d never lose. 

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Agree with you guys. Good first game. Lots of potential. That said, a lot of room to improve — especially between the ears. Errors are only correctable if the players have the faculty and not let emotion or exuberance over-take the mind. We have a lot of athleticism — at the upper echelon, that alone is not enough. Not even close.

On UND’s TD play, a play-action, our LBs bit hard. That play should have been relatively easy to sniff out. UND was not able to run on us all day. Also, DB group needs to get its act together on assignments — it’s a new group, so I don’t want to be critical. It will get destroyed in P12 plays if the improvement is not meaningful.

Really hopeful Huntley will develop some deep-ball capability. Utah hasn’t had a QB who’s had consistent, deep-ball passing capabilities.

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

I think they were better than BYU looked. Similar athletic wise, but better coaching/discipline. I know with the rivalry you can throw a lot out the window, but I expect a similar score next week. Props to ND, they were a good test for our first game. I’ll be rooting for them going forward.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes, I was very impressed by UND. Looking forward to following their progress this year.

geaux-sioux
      Ute Fan
      @geaux-sioux

In case you guys were curious, NDSU fans think we suck and also think you guys suck. At best you will go .500 this year according to the experts on bisonville.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We have a lot of work to do, but we will be over 500 and our schedule is the 12th toughest in the country.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Wow, really? I thought you guys showed very well and you have one hell of a quarterback. Don’t you also have the coach of the year? UND must be awful then.  

Your bisonville buddies sound like our rivals in provostan. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What a fun game! Major props to ND