What are your expectations for next year’s basketball season?

Viewing 14 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

For me:

– More consistent play

– Do not lose big leads

– Better play down the stretch

– Assuming we play an 18 game conference schedule – a record of 10-8 would be a nice start for our new coach

By season two I would like to get back to the big dance and by season three or four get to the sweet 16.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I’m expecting a good bump in performance by Season II….ANY improvement in Season I will be welcome.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Winning season.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

For me, it’s NCAA tourney by season 3. Anything sooner than that and I’ll be singing Craig Smith’s praises.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

If Plummer(not likely?) amd timmy(50/50?) come back then I’m hoping we’re a bubble team amd top half of the pac.

I think smith will be that big of an improvement.

Otherwise, I have no sense of how good our roster will be…

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Not critical of Win/Loss at the first.

But, I would like to see significant jumps in player development, buy-in and motivation.

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I think if Smith can just keep the core / starting players from leaving every year, we should be a tournament team 80% of the time.

I really liked Coach K but if Smith can just keep the players around, I will be happy with that for a while.

I’m also hoping that Smith lands some unknown recruit that no one knew about. IF we get 1 extra player and Timmy comes back, I think we make a run to a possible tournament team next year. If Timmy leaves, my guess is we are a .500 team again.

I hate to put the pressure on one local player, but if we can land the kid from Farmington High, it will go a long way to showing us if Smith can recruit big time players or not. From what I’ve heard, his family are Utah fans so we should have some leg up on the other local schools.

The sad thing is I used to live for Utah basketball and now I’m just a fan that hopes for the best, but plans on getting disappointed every year. And that’s just sad.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Winning season. 6th place. Don’t expect any tourney. Program has been down for so long, maybe NIT or rare one and done NCAA tourney over next 5 years. Love Smith’s energy and positivity though.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

A sense of growth and excitement.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I always expect a perfect season because I am a true homer. LOL However, I would expect a competitive team that plays defense and rebounds. I also expect an NIT bid at minimum and a win or two in the Pac12 Tournament.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Much lower now that Martinez is gone.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

My expectations are for .500 in PAC-12 play (I think the league is planning on 20 games again next season, so that would be 10-10). I think Utah should win the vast majority of non-league games, so I expect something like an 18-12 season and an NIT bid.

NCAA tourney by year 2!

1 1

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

your hopes abound! If we don’t keep Allen ,Plummer and Martinez next year will be a dumpster fire. I don’t expect much next year and time will only tell beyond that. I hope I am wrong but we may find out LK was not as bad as you all thought he was

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

At this point, my expectations will be met if we’re able to field a team.

I have to echo Hal Evans above: Are we mentally prepared for if this goes worse than it did with Larry?

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

I honestly don’t have a damn clue. I need to see which players are actually going to be on the team first. So, TBD.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) What are your expectations for next year’s basketball season?