What did we learn tonight?

Viewing 5 reply threads

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I’d say we learned our defense was amazing, but we already knew that

I’d say we learned our offense isn’t that great against a top 100 defense, but I think we all knew that too.

I keep waiting hoping the offense will show me something and not capitalizing on those TOs the D handed them was so frustrating.

Turns out we are who we have been. There will be no easy games from here on out and wins will be ugly and dramatic.

That said it is a damn fine day to be a Ute.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We can’t seem to get a solid downfield passing game going. Wilson is greatly improved though.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I think we should get Hatfield some reps at WR. He and Butler-Byrd should take turns, take some plays away from our outside WR who are terribly slow and run poor routes and don’t block.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I said this a lot after the Oregon game. I want to see consistent offensive production. It seems to come in bundles at times. But to have 3 turnovers in the first quarter with only 3 points to show for it….. that offense needs to come out fired up and execute. It seems like the defense feeds off the energy it produces for itself. Offense needs to find that same drive or actually begin to feed off the damn fine work of this defense.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wilson could never get his feet set to get an accurate pass off (exception = Butler Byrd TD pass), yet he had great protection all night. Once he started run or even step up, he’d drop his head which showed he was committed to his feet, not the receivers. Accuracy problems returned in spades.

I know he had a break out game against Oregon, but maybe he spent too much time with the girlfriend during the bye? They should increase it to a one week rule.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

his mechanics looked awful. throwing on his back foot 1/3 of the time. he was anxious half the time in the pocket when he had the most time in all the games I’ve ever seen. booker and the defense won this game.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A friend of mine in Philly texted during the game and asked “does Wilson look as bad in person as he does on TV?”

I guess compared to Goff he’s not going to look great. Our passing game continues to be an achilles heel for us. We WILL need it more in some game when booker doesn’t get 222 yards and our D doesn’t get 6 turnovers.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What did we learn tonight?