What happened last night with Nevada at Utah State?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

1 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That is a large man committing a temper tantrum.

Edit: I hate court storming or field rushing. Needs to be banned. Also what were the Colorado student section chanting at Utah players. I couldn’t quite make it out over radio.

PhillyUte
        Ute Fan
        @phillyute

Are you talking about the cop that started pushing a bunch of the Nevada coaches? 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

This is a new take haven’t heard on this. Everything I have read on it was an assistant coach said something to this kid and he took offense. The next one was a USU fan said a racial slur.  Very easy to believe that as well. Considering his language I don’t think it was that though. Also others claiming fans assaulted players and I watched video of the players calmly walking behind rope to the locker room. 

Now it is the cop pushing a disorderly very large young player. I love the age of the cell phone and how one video can be so subjective. 

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

In the first bit of the video (about 0:19) you can hear the player say that someone directed the slur toward him.

The discussion at the end between the two program leads indicated that that someone “touched” a player, and that someone was swearing at the players as they left the arena.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

No I don’t see it that way. He was calling them or possibly the USU assistant coach that awful word. Then near the end that little white assistant coach is screaming at a pretty calm police that fans touched their players. This doesn’t tell us the whole story at all. Getting touched or called a racial slur doesn’t warrant smashing glass. Not only is it incredibly stupid because he cut his hand. What people say at you doesn’t ever warrant a temper tantrum. 

Best solution is to ban court rushing. Especially for only beating a top 15 squad. Lifetime ban if you get on the court or field to rush it while opposing players are on the field. 

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

The words are as follows. “Fu<k that. Hell no. Nobody call me…” Are you hearing something different?

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

But he was being profane with that word before that?  I guess I don’t see the point if you act a fool.  It is certainly possible though. Or he could have continued using that word at whoever. 

A Waters
                    Ute Fan
                    @nihal

Claiming someone called him the N word while he used it several times in his tantrum. It’s a convenient way to justify yourself acting like an ass

dystopiamembrane
                      Ute Fan
                      @dystopiamembrane

I believe you are both missing the point here. Judging by his reaction, a white person, probably a USU fan, called him that. Sure he was throwing it around quite a bit, but completely different context. I’m actually surprised I have to explain it. However, beating a dead horse now.

noneyadb
                        Ute Fan
                        @noneyadb

With his entire team calmly walking back into the tunnel I doubt somebody said nigger. Kid was probably pushed and mocked for losing.

EagleMountainUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @battlegroundute

How do you know he was white?  You are operating on assumptions as well. I am just saying he could have not been quoting what someone called him but rather that he was calling him that word. He already did call them several things including that word.

I am white as they come and part ginger and someone called me that word once. It can be used as a pejorative for you are my slave or a slave to someone etc. Listen to some rap music man.

dystopiamembrane
                        Ute Fan
                        @dystopiamembrane

Odd. Just to be clear, you”re thinking this player got upset because another black person called him the N-word.

EagleMountainUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @battlegroundute

No I am leaning towards this player sucked in the game and was a sore loser. Some of the other footage supports that. Especially with how calm his team is. The head coach is just as bad. 

BulgieUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @bulgieute

You keep applying a varying standard of behavior and vocabulary based on a person’s race. Pretty sure that is a precise definition of racism.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Nothing like a Dips@&t power hungry cop to run in there and make matters worse by escalating the already tension filled situation.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Don’t misunderstand and think I’m anti Cop.
      I have a family member who is a Police officer. I’m very pro Cop

With that said not all Cops are good Cops. I’m not talking about the ones who are unethical or like to violate people’s civil rights. Some POs are not good at their jobs.

Especially the ones who are power hungry and think they rule over all involved.

In a situation that called for calm and tact this guy goes barreling down the hallway try to boss and intimidate people with his authority.

It was the wrong way to handle the environment and everyone involved.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Police are primarily an instrument for enforcing private property rights and by extension status quo class relations under capitalism. They are by no exaggeration the footsoldiers of modern capitalism. Police should be abolished.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) What happened last night with Nevada at Utah State?