What happened to Collette?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I didn’t see what happened to Collette when he went down. Didn’t see whatever contact. And somehow I missed the ONE replay they showed.  So I never saw what or how he got hit in the head.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I think when he fell his head hit the court.

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

He took an inadvertent elbow in the head and that’s when he went down 

EUte
        Ute Fan
        @eute

It was more like body contact to the head when he was down low getting the ball.  They had to go through a bunch of camera angles before they finally found a clear view.  Announcer called it “hip to the head”.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Hip to the head? Preview of later this evening at admin’s house…

HoopUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoopute

When I watched the reply in the JMHC it looked like he kind of got whiplashed with some contact as he put up the shot. That knocked him backwards and he whacked his head on the floor as he went down.  He instantly grabbed his head.  Not good for a guy with a concussion history.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

This is what happened
      http://riseandshout.net/images/collette.gif

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Oh wow I see now.  From my seats I couldn’t see any of that. Looks like he tweaked his neck AND probably hit his forehead on that dude’s hip bone.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Man, brain injuries suck. I hope he doesn’t miss any time. Concussions suck. What looks like a slight impact can do so much damage. I hope he doesn’t have to hang the shoes up. 

homer
          Ute Fan
          @homer

Regardless of what happened, it is possible that was Collette’s last competitive basketball game, given his history of concussions and significant headbangs. They seem to be more frequent. That would concern me if I were in his place. I prefer a normal headache free life rather than risk what for repetitive head trauma that is associated with significant long term risk.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

That is what worries me as well. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) What happened to Collette?