What happened to Troy McCormick this week?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

I like the change of pace that Troy brings to the offense.  Prior to SC, it seems like he was getting 10+ touches a game through rushes and receptions.  I think he had 2 or 3 touches on Friday night.  Was he hurt?  Or, is the return of CBB and the evolution of Moss/Shyne squeezing Troy out a bit?  Or, was this just an aberration and we’ll see more of him next week?

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

I am not sure what is going on with the change.  I did not hear about injuries but that is usually kept fairly quiet.  What excites me is that we can even have this conversation.  What a great change from depending on one running back for the majority of our offense to talking about why one player is getting fewer touches and discussing 4 other offensive threats.

As I write this I think that as we find that we have more and more offensive threats it may lead to decreased touches for some just because we are able to spread it around.  I do hope that Troy McCormick gets more touches and we can keep Cal off balance due to the number of threats.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I think it was the evolution of moss and shyne. That tandem running between the tackles was brutal. I also think USCs defense was too fast for McCormick to get to the edges

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We probably needed a little more power versus speed this past week.

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

USCs defensive weakness is their DL. They have stud LBs and a good secondary. Makes it more worthwhile to try and run over their DLine with between the tackles runs vs trying to outrun them on the edges.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

Plus it was fun to run over StevieT

Anonymous
        Inactive

I feel like that MAY have been a point of emphasis for the oline and RB’s.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What happened to Troy McCormick this week?