Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

The unknown he brings carries that possibility and that is damn exciting

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I think he’s every bit as athletic as Lamar Jackson.  My biggest worry is that he’ll feel like he has to carry the entire offense on his shoulders.  At least that is something that can be coached though.  The talent and athleticism are there, he just needs to develop his skills as a QB and we’ll be a pretty dangerous team.

1 1

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

He is every bit as athletic as perhaps the most athletic player in the country?  Not saying Huntley isnt athletic, but to compare him to the Heisman winner is a little premature.  If Huntley turns out to be anything close to Jackson we will be very very happy.  The rest of your post I agree with.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

I agree, it is definitely premature, I guess I took a leaf out of Torg’s book for that one, but I’ll stick to it.  Jackson doesn’t seem more athletic to me, maybe more skilled at the position, semantics, I know, but time will tell as you said.  I really think you can expose a team that has one athlete putting everyone on their shoulders.  Look what Houston and Kentucky did to them.  That’s my only worry, is that he tries to do it all himself.  Hoping for the best.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

I wont lie, Im pretty excited to watch him play(or maybe just excited for football in general).  I think he will make plays out of nothing, which is something Troy struggled with.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I remember him throwing a couple of passes in I think the first game last year. I liked what I saw, but it was only a couple.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

I agree, the unknown always brings excitement. I remember feeling the same type of excitement last year over having Troy Williams start his first game. Troy has gotten a bit of flack on this board, and he does have flaws in his game. But he also brought something to the table that we haven’t had in years…the ability to connect on the deep ball.

There is new excitement over Huntley. Hopefully he can add a new dynamic to our offense without sacrificing too much of what Troy is good at.

I can’t wait to see it unfold.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

My opinion on troys potential remains high. I think Tyler has bigger boom potential though 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t see how he can be worse than the last 9 years. 

He was a very good passer in high school. 

I think he surprises us. I think he eats ND up. 

I do think he gets 300 total yards vs ND. 

100 rushing and 150-200 passing. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What if Huntley is that electric exciting quarterback we’ve been looking for