What is it about Coach K or the program that caused so many players to leave?

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 5

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

And why should I not expect more of the same after this season?  Has he or the program changed at all? Or was none of it on him?

6 1

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

The Utes are 3-0. The season just barely started. We have some young exciting players with more coming  next year and you want to talk about end of season transfers? I just don’t get it.

2 3

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Relax there hoss. I’m just curious. I don’t know what caused it and I want to know.

UtahUtesRock
          Ute Fan
          @utahutesrock

I know I’m going to get blown up here but your response just struck me. Why is it that we feel if we get a negative response on message boards, Twitter, etc., that we need to get a dig in for ourselves. I doubt if we were talking face to face and somebody disagreed saying “we’re three games in I don’t get why you’re worried about end of year transfers”, you’d reply “easy hoss”. I dunno, I know I’m coming across like a snowflake but man why can’t we just talk without getting in digs or trolling? Why can’t we start acting like humans so we can improve this f’d up world?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

totally agree. Its the wrong time to be talking about stuff like that. I think an underlying constant is that if Larry cant get this current and incoming group of talent to actually stay here, and fails to make the tourney more often than not, then hes gotta go. But thats been said and doesnt need to keep being said, esp now with momentum and 3 wins/0 losses. Lets save the doom and gloom for when its manifested 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I’ve heard he is old school Jerry Sloan like, which doesnt work well with current players.  I’ve heard he’s tried to relax that attitude a little bit, I guess we’ll see?

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

Donny Daniels will help

5 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

This is NOT a Utah or Coach K problem!! Transferring is now a part of college athletics that impacts all teams. Utah has not had more than average transfers the past few years when you look at the National averages.

That said, I hope Utah can keep the core of this young team together… they look very promising!!

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

FALSE!

The national transfer rate of players from one 4 year school to another 4 year school is 14%.

I don’t have the numbers on Krystkowiak but I would bet it is nearly double the national average. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) What is it about Coach K or the program that caused so many players to leave?