what is your expectation for Utah hoops this year?

Viewing 12 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

admittedly, with all of the scandals the thought of college basketball starting leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.  I wish more would have been done over the Summer to regulate it.  Not that it would ever happen, but I’d almost be in favor of cancelling this entire season until this mess is resolved.

That being said what are the expectations for Utah hoops?  Here are mine:

1. I don’t think this is a tournament team

2. I do think this is an NIT team

3. I think a #4 or #5 finish in conference

4. pre-season is tough, probably finish with 4-5 losses

I am excited for the future of Utah hoops, I like what Larry is building and think the next few years will see Utah in the dance.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We’re going to the tourney. I base thi off of nothing but my gut.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Good thing our guts are great at creating crap. 

2 3

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I’m not even sold on NIT this year.  Jayce J. is not a great center and does not instill a lot of confidence.  The team is super young.  I just see this as a rebuild/struggle year.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

I could see that, but the PAC-12 seems down this year. I think if we finish with 18-20 wins we’ll make the NIT.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Hard to stay invested at all in College Basketball. I used to love it but it is so bent from what we grew up with. 

NIT is possible and should be the expectation if I had one. 

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

true, I’ll watch Utah hoops, but can’t imagine watching other schools play. While with college football I could plant myself on the sofa for 10+ hours

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah I am a Utah guy only. I caught myself watching other football teams early in the season a few times. After the Washington losses I was just like meh who cares about any other team now. 

I went to two games this season Washington and USC. Washington had a booth review it seemed like every other play. Just horrible pace of play. College football is becoming unwatchable honestly in person. 

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Just kidding, that’s just the first thing I thought of. 😀 No clue what to expect. I just hope we do well enough to be in the top half of the conference.

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

Team is too green this year. NIT at best. Should see improvement over the course of the season.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I think this team will be inconsistent but wildly entertaining. They’ll beat a few really good teams and lose to a few bad ones. I’d say NIT is a good bet. I’m just really excited that basketball season is upon us! 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Eighth in the pac12. No post season. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Sean Miller getting frogmarched would be a good start.

alharmon
      @alharmon

I’m feeling optimistic about the Utes this year, even with a lot of new faces. It might take some time to get it all together but by seasons end we could potentially be headed to the NCAA tournament…I’m sure glad college basketball is back though! Go Utes!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I talked with Sedrick Barefield a couple of months ago and he said the team was “extremely athletic.”

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

He’s right about that. In fact, that’s an understatement. This team will be very fun to watch because of the athleticism. 

But I’m still concerned about defense, outside shooting, and rebounding. Those three things are why our ceiling is the NIT.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I was able to watch all the Pac12 telecast games yesterday including taped.  I would have to say we are extremely thin and unchallenged in the inside compared to these newcomers.  Moses Brown is a freak athlete but could get hurt, Bol Bol is a rebounding machine.   I don’t think 8th place is accurate, but I don’t think we are far from it…maybe 6th. 

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

Top 6 in conference, 16-18 wins, NIT.

I think we get 7-9 wins OOC, then hover around .500 in PAC play, maybe finish 10-8. NIT for sure, this is not a tournament team.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) what is your expectation for Utah hoops this year?