Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

in the Oregon game?  I missed that. 

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

I can’t remember who it was, but one of the ducks, who was clearly ok, dropped before he hit the sideline. There was a clock stoppage and it saved probably 10 seconds for the ducks on that last gasp drive. It was pretty damn obvious as well.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I believe it was that Hutson kid that said Nix is out.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Ucla does that as well like a lot on defense.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar
      1 1

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Oregon player Kris Hutson was the player. Here in this interview he was asked about it and said it was part of the game plan. It’s at the 1:10 mark. Also this was the interview where he said Bo Nix is out and next man up.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I saw that.  It was a joke.  I thought there was supposed to be a 10-second run-off.  But, there wasn’t.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

Since they got a first down, there was no runoff. If it wasn’t a first down, it would have been game over. I mean, I guess that’s ‘good’ coaching and awareness, but the clock would have stopped, they could have got lined up really fast and spiked the ball and kicked the FG. They may even have spiked it fast enough to not get a review of the WR going out of bounds (so they lost the yardage which made the FG extra long). Or the refs would have blown it dead for review and stopped the clock anyway. So in reality, it was a really dumb move that didn’t do anything for the team.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Not if the “injury” occurs after a play resulting in a clock stoppage such as a first down.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What was this fake injury thing last week