What we currently know about the schedule

Viewing 6 reply threads
      7 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Home: USC, Arizona, North Opponent (UW, Cal, OSU, or WSU)

Away: UCLA, ASU, Colorado

Seventh game will be on championship weekend. Each team will play in either championship game, 2nd place game, 3rd place game, etc.

Championship will be held on campus (as it should be). Sucks there won’t be fans, tho. Not sure how they’ll decide home team if both teams are undefeated. Probably CFP ranking?

Home locker rooms is currently an issue, seeing as how we just demolished all of them. Curious to see how they make that work.

Utah pushed hard for Oct start. UCLA and Stanford were reason that didn’t happen. Cal was on board. Colorado was still willing to push for Halloween even with Boulder news. Utah pushed for allowance of an out of conference game. Likely would have been BYU. Harlan and Holmoe were in communication.

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Source? If what you’re saying about the schedule is true, then I am expecting to go 5-1 at the minimum. Where did you get this info?

2 1

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

I got the Arizona and ASU games mixed up in my original posting. Fixed it. Apologies. ASU will be on the road. AZ will be at home.

Harlan said that the home and away south games will be the same as they were originally scheduled, so all opposite of where they were last season. And because that would only give Utah 2 home games, the north game will also be home.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Scum Devils thorn in the side again.

16 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I don’t like how friendly Harlan is with BYU.

12 1

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

^^^THIS.  Not surprised at all to hear that Harlan was in communications with Holmoe to schedule a game.  He has been kissing Holmoe’s butt ever since he took over for Dr. Hill.  Should have hired Dr. Hill’s understudy, Kyle Brennan, to be the AD.

1 8

McBride of Frankenstein
        Ute Fan
        @mcbrideoffrankenstein

We have nothing to fear from BYU and lots to gain by playing them.  Lots of local interest means it is good for ad revenue and recruiting.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Utah has everything to lose and nothing to gain by playing BYU. Utah already has the recruiting edge over them. If Utah wins, well they should have so no big deal, you beat a G5 teams with a worse roster than you. If Utah loses, it’s the exact opposite.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Noted that the MWC is a bit quicker on their feet.  Their announcement followed the Pac but they will start on October 24th.  The Big 10 also chose that start date.  It is as if the Pac was to say, well if we have to we will do a few.  The difference of two games is significant.  It will be interesting to see if the Pac is more polished and ready to go then the others.

The Pac still references restrictions in Cali and Oregon.  The Cali govenor seemed to not want to own any of that.  Did some schools just assume the level of restriction?  Did they put much effort into requesting allowance to work out?  I didn’t follow this much.

The Pac went out of their way to mention that money had nothing to do with the decision.  Of course it was one of the factors, recognize the concern, and note that it was not the primary factor.

In the press conference, I was driving and listening but I thought I heard mention of all the teams playing the week of the championship game.  Is that the case?

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

From what I’ve read, The division champs will play each other for the CC. The #2 north will play the #2 south. The #3 north will play the #3 south and so forth for all the teams.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I like it, it gives everyone something to do that week.  It does means we will also have a playoff for last place.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Ghost:  How could we have “likely” played the indy-WACers in October?  They don’t have any October dates available.  Whoever your source is, I’d suggest you put that person on “ignore”.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Supposedly they were willing to try and “reschedule” their game with western Kentucky

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Nope.  They couldn’t afford that.  They never met with medical professionals to see if playing football amid the Covid climate was “safe”.  They just looked to see if anybody else was planning on playing because they couldn’t afford the fiscal hit NOT to play.  There were no plans to reschedule ANY team that wouldn’t have been made necessary due to Covid-19 related personnel attrition.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Why was it important to restart after the election? It is odd that no one owned up to the scheduling decisions. It was always ‘medicals officials say’, ‘local administrators say’, etc. Then the governor told us the state never said don’t play. Who kept the Cali schools from working out? It was a very big decision and no one can stand up and say, ‘I felt this scheduling was needed’. What we have is in the end ‘we all supported this compromise’. Currently, no one is responsible for anything but going along with others. We were told what was happening but the process was/is completely vague. I wonder who pushed for this result and why. Then there is this we will not have fans present so it is very important that no one else does as well. Any idea who is calling the shots and the answer is not Larry?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

As far as not working out goes, that’s on the coaches. My understanding is that USC worked out, outdoors and in small groups, while UCLA sat on their asses. I might be wrong. It is true that local and state guidelines prevented normal practices, but it didnt prevent lifting weights and conditioning, as long as it was outside and in small groups. They could have run position drills and what not at that time too.

As far as who’s calling the shots on fans in attendance, I havent heard much but my guess is that was a call made by the presidents, if not Larry Scott.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What we currently know about the schedule