What’s everyone’s take on no starting QB being announced as of yet?

Viewing 11 reply threads

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

With the list of team captains being announced, it would seem that in all likelihood Troy Williams would be named the starter, but alas this has not yet happened.

I guess there could be multiple reasons behind this, which I’ve listed in order of most likely => least likely, in my opinion:

1) Troy has been told behind closed doors that he’s the guy but that they are keeping up a stance with the media that there is still a competition in order to avoid an issue with Tyler Huntley in losing confidence or possibly transferring

2) There are plans to have a multiple-QB package where Troy is the guy for between the 20’s and Huntley will come in for red zone packages

3) The gap between Troy and Huntley is closer than it should be and there is an actual QB race going on.

4) It’s just pure gamesmanship and Utah doesn’t want to give away any details about our QB situation for as long as possible.

What does everyone think? 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Option 5: Whitt and Co are trolling.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Ah, the many faces of Kyle. Riverboat Kyle, angry Kyle and Troll Kyle. 

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Riverboat Kyle is still my favorite. 

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Riverboat Kyle makes me nervous. I think I like Angry Kyle the best. Furious Kyle only comes out after 17 false starts in a row and scares the assistant coaches. 

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Don’t forget michievous “Nice Leather Pants” Kyle!

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Meh…doesn’t bother me at all. Whoever starts, starts.

I would have an issue if the starter, whoever it is, does not perform well.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Doesn’t this happen most years?

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I think a combination of 1 and 2. And it will be good.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I am super excited to have more than one QB who is fully capable of winning. This is new territory for our team.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

Same story different year, like skinnyute said.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think Troy starts but Huntley plays on some read-option runs, especially in the red zone.

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

so when Huntley comes in the other side loads the box ’cause the know he’s not going to pass, just like Thompson in ’15 so he gets dropped in the backfield and our field goal unit gets lots of opportunities.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

*Doubles down on Huntley being named the starting Qb*

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I THINK based on how things have changed the last few years with shrinking media access, no injury information, etc. this is pure gamesmanship.  I do however believe there is and will be a package for Tyler this year.  

I KNOW it hasn’t been announced in the QB room, to the offense or even to the team to keep everyone working as hard as possible which is in everyone’s best interest…players, coaches and even us fans.

Troy gets first shot.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Whitt and Jim Harbaugh are kindred spirits in this regard. Michigan hasn’t even updated/released their depth chart since last year. I remember khaki pants didn’t announce a starting QB when we played them in the opener and the only after the first time the Wolverines took the field after opening kickoff is when everyone finally knew who it was going to be.

Grayshirt
        Ute Fan
        @grayshirt

I love what Colorad9 did in response of khaki pants not releasing his depth chart last year.

colorado-depth-chart.pdf

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

I’d start Milton Waddams over Bill Lumbergh.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

“Um…excuse me…I believe you have my stapler…”

Anonymous
      Inactive

A man who is being chased will run faster

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s everyone’s take on no starting QB being announced as of yet?