What’s more impressive?

Viewing 2 reply threads
      3 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Zach Wilson and what he did vs WMU, a small time G5 school that really isn’t very good, or Shelley going 11/12, with two TD’s and leading his offense on 4 TD drives the last 20 mins of the BYU game?

Look, Wilson had a nice game, but he’s still the 4th best QB in the state. He’s an average QB and he’s nothing to be sad about. Had he come to Utah, he would have started the year as the 4th or 5th QB and not seen the field at all.

Why is it we hype the hell out of mediocre BYU QB’s but just rip on Utah QB’s.

If BYU was Utah and visa versa, everyone would be talking about how great Shelley is for leading BYU to a come from behind victory and how s**tty Wilson is because he couldn’t beat BYU (Utah), NIU or Boise St and he SHOULD beat a crappy directional school and he’s not that good and “let’s see what he does against BYU this fall the first game of the season” and all the other whiny bulls**t everyone loves to drone on and on about.

Relax. We have two QB’s better than Wilson right now. It’s all ok. Let BYU enjoy their wins vs garbage teams. It’s what they do.

And come Sept, they will lose to us again, have 100 reasons why they lost but are better than we are. Why? Because that is also what they do.

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

I think Wilson is a good QB not average like you indicate. But I agree with everything else. So much excitement and chest pumping coming from beating a bad directional Michigan team

1 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I think the only thing stopping Wilson from being the best QB in the state is the fact that he’s a freshman and still making some freshman mistakes. Right now, Huntley and Love are better than him. I would take him all day over Shelley.

If he can take a step forward, he’ll be at least the 2nd best QB next year.

Luckily for us, BYU QB’s tend to fizzle out as they get older.

1 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Ok tell me what freshman mistake he made?  Playing a MAC team?  He can’t control that so not a mistake. It was an impressive performance. If Huntley was so good why didn’t he do it against a Big Sky team?  Or against his own MAC team. 

As far as what Wilson did against Utah. I would take his performance over Shelley’s. Shelley did not play well until the end when it was just health and depth winning out.  

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

I’m not just talking about Wilson’s game against WMU. I’ve watched a few of their games. Not throwing the ball away against Boise State was a freshman mistakes. Not sliding when he’s about to get hit is a freshman mistake. If you watch him, he makes several mistakes that he’ll learn from.

I’m not sure if your post is agreeing with me or disagreeing or both. I also believe his performance last night was impressive and I believe he is better than Shelley.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well we got most of Shelley’s mistakes condensed into the CCG. No clue why his receivers couldn’t catch passes. 

I am viewing Wilson with what he has around him and it is impressive overall. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s more impressive?