What’s up with the Jazz

Viewing 8 reply threads
      4 1

SOWhat
      Ute Fan
      @sowhat

Well, bad offense, worse defense. Being out played in every aspect. And the Mavs are playing without their best player. Looks like a quick exit from the playoffs and a long summer trying to come up with some fixes.
      I like Rudy but the way that the Mavs are attacking our defense reveals that he can’t get out to the 3pt shooters one or two passes and they have a wide open shot. I’m not saying it is all his fault the other Jazz players aren’t doing it either, there are gaping gaps opening up for three point shots.
      The Jazz need to figure it out how to play defense soon.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Personal opinion is Rudy isn’t the problem here. It’s his responsibility for covering the paint due to the inability of the other 4 defenders to keep their guys in front of them. If others could defend worth a damn, Rudy could play out. But that’s not the case unfortunately.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

“Dinwiddie blows by Mitchell like he isn’t even there.” Direct quote from last nights game by the main announcer. 

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Qualtrics bro’s tds stank is rubbing off on them 

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Don’t worry the superior guidance of TDS deity Danny Ainge will guide them through these turbulent waters…..whatever……

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Where to start.  First Snyder runs almost every play through Don when things are tight.  Don sucks under pressure 90% of the time, yet we continue.  Second, Don also doesn’t like to pass, he’d prefer to go 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 or so it would appear.  Third, we seem to have a very Jim Boylen type of offense.  You know where we pass the ball around until there is 2 seconds left on the clock and then we heave up a 3 and pray.  4th, our perimeter players simply look like they’ve never had to play defense before.  

Other than that, I like their chances  (tic)

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

@pedro has an accurate analysis. Don plays hero ball and nobody plays D because they expect Rudy to bail them out. 

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

I just think they are poopy.

They have issues defensively, they need roster changes. I think Mitchell is going to leave regardless.

AlaskanUte
        Ute Fan
        @kenaiute

As with the previous ownership, the Jazz are only interested in selling overpriced hot dogs and T-shirts, winning a championship is not a priority as evidenced by hiring Ainge.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Same mindset as when Larry was alive – All they need to do is make the playoffs to profit on the season and anything past that is bonus.

Taken to an extreme, look at the Edmonton Oilers. They had a sellout streak of something like 550 games over 13 years where they only made the playoffs once. Now they have one of the best players in the NHL for the last 7 years but the ownership is content because the oiler fans still show up to games and spend the $$.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The problem is none of their perimeter defenders could keep a rocking chair in front of them. Gobert can’t defend the whole floor.

The slide to mediocrity or worse is just beginning. Mitchell will leave during the offseason, and other key players will leave as well. Jazz won’t be a playoff team next year.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Mitchell has a guaranteed contract with the Jazz through the 2024/2025 season. I keep hearing people say he’ll leave during this imminent offseason but I don’t think that’s possible other than through a trade, is it?

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

He will demand a trade and refuse to play if he isn’t. Oldest trick in the pro sports book.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Basketball is especially bad for this type of thing. It makes the sport unwatchable.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Jazz should move to trade Mitchell, whether he demands it or not. I generally like him, or, I did like him. But the Jazz would benefit from getting some more team-oriented players in exchange for him. As “the star,” he runs the team in a similar way to Lebron running the Lakers (just on a smaller scale). But it is not working. Whether you like Ainge or not, the guy is not afraid of making big moves. I hope he finds some good pieces in exchange for Mitchell.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

#GOSUNS!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

“Dinwiddie blows by Mitchell like he isn’t even there.” Direct quote from last nights game. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Being on Dish, not getting Jazz unless they are on TNT/ESPN/ABC so couldn’t watch games 2 and 3.  Sounds like crowd really took it out on the team booing them off the court at the half and final horn and one writer said it was deserved.

Sigh

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

The problem is the all the defenders on the court suck outside of House who somehow plays behind royce (plays 32 minutes and takes 0 shots) O’Neal.

Jazz drafted a PG and a C in the last two drafts – neither of them appear on the court for us. They did that instead of drafting wing defenders who they have needed for years.   Mind boggling decision making at the top. 

Torg
        Ute Fan
        @torg

All the defenders besides Gobert and House*

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA What’s up with the Jazz