What’s your game day ritual? Do you have a must do/don’t? Are you superstitious?

Viewing 5 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Lessee there’s pork sausage, turkey sausage, bacon, how about Buffalo sausage for my breakfast?

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I can’t stop laughing. Well done best show ever until it wasn’t. 

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

Can’t argue with that.

3 1

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

10-mile run. If I don’t do it, I feel like Utah always loses…ASU I only ran 8. 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Be sure to do 12 tomorrow to make up for it.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

3 3

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Rock back and forth muttering 15 sacks…

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Did Iron hack your account?

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Haha, this for sure. 

1 1

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I don’t play the piano, but years ago I did learn to play U. of Utah.  If I play it before a game without making a bunch of mistakes, we usually win.  But if I forget and don’t play it–or if I make a lot of mistakes–we almost always lose.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

You master that piano like your life depends on it. I’ll pay for your classes.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

What traditions do you guys do for football season? I grew up in Florida, South Carolina and Ohio, so football is kind of a big deal for me. And was always a HUGE deal growing up. 

I have three things that I usually do (may be more as this goes on): 

1 – We go all out for the first game with junk food. We go to the grocery store and the kids just buy what they want. If I am going to brain wash them into being Utah fans (especially living here in Duck country), I’ll get my foot in the door with sugar. We set up tables in the living room and line them with sugar and salt. The kids are young, but they sit there and cheer with mouths full of future decay watching the Utes play. 

2 – Every Friday (or Thursday if it is a game day), I wear my red scrubs, my Utah shirt underneath and my Darth Vader underwear. It is what it is. On game day I wear my red underwear. Yes, I am a grown ass man, but if they are going to sell Darth Vader and Utah Utes underwear for grown ass men then I am going to wear them. 

3 – The Flag ceremony. We hang the Utah flag. My neighborhood is a fun one. There are a lot of Duck flags, but a lot of transplants as well. Michigan State, Nebraska, Stanford, USC, even a Georgia flag. And my Utah flag flies among them with the salty sea air gently waving it for all to see. 

4 – (see I told you there was more). If you guys know me from other websites, I completely believe 100% that my facial hair is imperative to Utah’s success. For those who don’t know, my backstory:

I would always grow a fall camp goatee, much like the one Whitt wears every fall camp. Well, I graduated from school and decided that I needed to look respectable searching/working in a real job and didn’t wear it two seasons…2012 and 2013. The 5 win years. 

I grew it back, but never let is really gain it’s full strength, trimming and cutting and clipping all throughout the next three seasons. 

Well, last year I wanted to test its true strength. So, I grew out the beard during fall camp and into the season. W, W, W, W. For the Stanford game, I trimmed it up a little. Just a titch. Boom, close loss to Stanford. Nah, it wasn’t the beard. Trim it down more to a nice, tight professional look for the next week. Close loss to USC. 

Now, I’m intrigued. So, I shave it off except for the mustache for the ASU game. 20 point loss. What the….

For Oregon, I go baby face. Clean shaven, respectable adult. 21 point loss. Holy….

So, I put the razor away. WSU, a week’s worth of stubble, 8 point loss. Trending in the right direction. The next week, more hair, a three point loss to a great Washington team. The razor is now safely stored away. 21 point win against Colorado, 16 point win in terrible weather vs West Virginia. 

The power is real. So, I vow to not cut the beard this fall. My last day shaving was the day before Fall Camp opened up. I have not shaved it yet. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s your game day ritual? Do you have a must do/don’t? Are you superstitious?