Where do you get your flag poles from?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

This year, I want to get a flag for rice Eccles and was wondering where you guys get them from? Any suggestions?

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

Red zone store use to have the ones the ones that extend. I have not looked for a while

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I’ve bought both of mine at the Bookstore and have at times seen them at the Ute campus store (name?) out in Sandy near SouthTowne.  They sell out quick though.  I believe they may have them at Colonial Flag (west of I-15 around 92nd south or so).  

1 5

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I would love to hear more singing at football matches. Group song can bring much fervor.

2 5

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Cole Bishop, he’ll run around and shut you down, Cole Bishop

1 2

UteManX
          Ute Fan
          @utemanx

As a Tottenham fan (I somehow pick teams that are good at heartbreak). I would love to hear the crowd yell out things like Come On You Utes! or Coach Whitt, Coach Whitt, he’s one of our own. Or for the ted lasso fans maybe He’s here! He’s there! He’s every-f—ing-where! Cole Bishop! Cole Bishop!

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Singing at football matches is more of a round ball (not “pointy” ball as non-Americans call it) tradition, especially in England.  

1 5

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Indeed it is. Singing would give our team a unique signature. 

2 5

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

PS Flag waving feels a little round ball, doesn’t it?

2 5

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Pointy ballers hold poorly written cardboard signs often with slogans that use ‘ESPN’ in the hopes of getting on TV.

1 6

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I appreciate all the work that the anti-dystopiamembrane trolls put in each day.

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Trolls are what’s destroying this site, bro. Wake up! Find another blog. You’re a soccer fan. I’ve been a Newcastle United fan my whole life. Raised by Geordies. But, I have a NUFC blog I chat on. Spread your wealth, man. 

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

The NUFC blog Ed set up I think 14 years ago for Newcastle United. It was dead to start, then people with inside information came, then the trolls came.

Then Newcastle amazingly enough became the talk of the town. But, it’s the people with too much time on their hands that destroy an every day person. 

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I am awake. I am a sports fan. I am a University of Utah sports fan.

3 1

Johnny
              Ute Fan
              @johnny

You’re not from Utah, nor have you attended the University of Utah. You are indeed a troll trying to kill this site

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I attended the University of Utah for many, many years.

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

You are not trying to kill this site.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

If you don’t like a user’s takes why not just hit ignore? I don’t get it.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I love that we have some Geordie blood on this forum!

3 5

Gilly Boy 94
      Ute Fan
      @scottgilberg

Please no more flags in the stadiums during the games!  Season ticket holder for 17 years, drive up from St. George for every game.  I can’t begin to tell you how frustrating it is trying to see thru or past the flags during extra points or 2 point conversions!  All while hundreds are yelling, ‘put your damn flags down, we can’t see!’  It’s terribly frustrating.  Keep ’em in the parking lot.  I want to see every play, clear and unobstructed.  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Where do you get your flag poles from?