Who are you surprise players at this point in the season?

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Dixon has definitely been a surprise, he doesn’t get a ton of touches, but he may have 70% of our plays over 30 yards.

Enis has been a surprise, I didn’t really hear much about him before the season began and has also shown to take the top off the defense.

I’d say Kuithe, and he has been but I think Fotheringham, and Jackson make the TE group a big surprise.

On defense I’d say Penisini.

I’ve always thought Barton played smart at LB, so he is not a surprise to me. And if anyone says Hansen is a surprise, blitz up the middle to sack you.

I expected Bronson Boyd to provide more this year, he’s only had a catch in two games, has he played in the others or are they redshirting him? Or has he just not cracked the two deep?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I really am most surprised by Covey. He is the number one threat. USC bracketed him after his score but Huntley punished them throwing it to everyone else. I am most surprised at how strong he came back from his mission. He basically is first team PAC receiver at this point.  I thought it would take a season to get his legs back. I am also surprised about the amount of turnovers he has had on the season. He needs to clean that up and make better decisions. He touches the ball so much though and does so many other good things I guess it balances out. 

Defensively Tupai is most surprising. He is just wow living up to his hype and dominating. I wish he could grow four more inches but he is so good as he is now. I am also surpised by Blackmon. He is not having a good year and that first USC score does not look good for his film. That should have been a pick for him. I don’t know if Blair knocked him down but he just didn’t extend. JJ giving up that other big throw and then lazily pushing USC wr out of bounds. That was all they gave up against usc so I shouldn’t be too hard on them I guess. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who are you surprise players at this point in the season?