Who are you watching this weekend?

Viewing 3 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Hi, folks. Wanted to share the games of interest to me on tap this weekend.
      Please share those that interest you.

tds @ Toledo – Go, Rockets.

Denison @ Wabash – Hoping the Little Giants keep it rolling this week.

Montana @ UC-Davis – Important early season Big Sky tilt for both teams.

Carroll @ Southern Oregon – Always a treat when the legendary program from Helena makes the trip to Ashland.

Linfield @ Pacific – Wildcats open Northwest Conference play after a shocking loss to Redlands.

Portland State @ Idaho State – Viks get their first I-AA match of the season.

Stanford @ Oregon State – Do the Beavs notch two wins in a row?

Washington State @ Utah – Let’s get a big bounce back, boys!

savageUTEamI
      Ute Fan
      @savageuteami

The only games that are of interest to me other than the U Boyz.
      USC vs Washignton (Go Dawgs) Wash -10.5
      Forks vs Cal (Go bears) Cal is -4.5
      Since Utah does what we do.. we are now (like always) need to count on losses from other south members. If both games above go the way I want.. the good guys are right back in the thick of it

But that Denison @ Wabash is gonna be a “Barn burner” of a game

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The USC Washington game is super mega important. Go Washington. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yes, USC-Washington!!

Texas Tech at Oklahoma

Ohio State at Nebraska — upset special?  OK, yeah, crazy, upset vs spread (17)?

and, no, I don’t sit down to watch 12 or 16 h of footbal, but monitor games as I go about my Saturday chores or activities.

Ben
        Ute Fan
        @argentino15

Amen. Go pac 12 north!… Besides Washington State of course

1 10

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I won’t be watching any football games, at least not live. I’ve never been the guy that sits and watches football all day. I watch Utah’s games, and if Utah is doing well, I’ll watch games that affect Utah in some way (only occasionally, almost never the whole game).

This year, after yet another crap the bed performance by the Utes, I will not be watching any more games live. If they play well, I will watch the recorded game. If they continue to be so poo poo, then I won’t bother. This is equally a reflection on the team’s performance this year and over several years, as well as my own inability to not let the disappointing performances get to me. My weekends are the only time I get to spend with my wife and kids. I need to be my best self at those times. When the Utes don’t embarrass themselves, it adds to my weekend. When they do embarrass themselves (at least a couple times a year) it effects me and that in turn effects the time I spend with my family.

Football is entertainment, and the entertainment value of this football team just isn’t worth my time, energy, and emotions.

Call me a bandwagon fan if you want, I don’t care. The crap the bed games are often enough, and they bother me enough that watching the Utes is just as likely to be torturous as it is to be entertaining. I’d rather do something that is much more likely to entertain me, and much less likely to cause strain on me and my family.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who are you watching this weekend?