Who the heck is Devon Bailey (sp?)

Viewing 3 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

He’s mentioned as emerging in this video.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

Probably Devaughn Vele?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Ah I see that. Okay, so @onlyu, what’s up with this dude?

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Pleasant surprise that emerged in the Spring. With Covey and Thompson limited and on pitch counts he has gotten a ton of reps in the slot. Kid can flat out play. 6’4” kid out of San Diego.

Reps will be tough to come by when and if everyone is healthy but no significant drop off in the first 8. By far the deepest group we’ve ever had. No true No. 1 today though there are a couple 4 star guys like Enis and Thompson that will assume that role before they leave. Probably sooner than later IMO.

Anfernee
            Ute Fan
            @anfernee

I want Covey to play in Provo so bad but I understand holding him out.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

I hear he’s got GREAT size for the position too!  A “high pointing” 6-4, 210 WR?

Yes please!

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

6-4 freshman walk on wide receiver. Whitt says he’s working himself into regular wr rotation.

3 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I just don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It sounds good but if there was one GIANT consistent weakness at Utah it would be the WRs. 

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

Pace?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

😂 no. I just don’t find it comforting is all. Basically a walk on has showed up the schollie kids is what this says to me. 

Anfernee
              Ute Fan
              @anfernee

I get it. Hopefully he’s a John Madsen type. Unheralded tall wr and becomes a big contributor.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Yeah I get it that’s why I said I don’t know how to feel about it. 

Grayshirt
                Ute Fan
                @grayshirt

It’s a big part of what make college sports so amazing. 

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

So did Travis LaTendresse.  He turned out to be pretty good.

whitlessham
              Ute Fan
              @whitelssham

Yup… when you have a walk on looking better then the “deep” WR group…. you got to ask yourself, does Utah have a clue on who/how to recruit WR’s?

I’m holding out hope that Enis is a P5 WR… but the fact that his name has not been mentioned at all is a real red flag.

If Utah doesn’t achieve it’s goals this year I’m sure on of the big reasons will be the inabilty to f’n throw the ball.     

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I think this is a good thing. Should be unrelated to the progress of others. I wonder if he didn’t sign with anyone before his mission. He seems to have the back story of a good prospect. For now I feel we got a lucky pickup.

stbone
      Ute Fan
      @stbone

Devaughn was the best player (on offense and probably also on defense when he played safety) on his high-school team that won the state championship in CA. His team had a very run-heavy offense and so he didn’t have the kind of stats that drew the attention, but when they used him he was dominant. Below is a link to an article talking about the champsionship game. Devaughn had two touchdowns and a pick, even though the play-calling in that game was 26 rushes and only 14 pass attempts.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/pomerado-news/sdpn-football-broncos-win-state-title-2015dec19-story.html

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who the heck is Devon Bailey (sp?)