I need to know people!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What people do you need to know?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I deserved that. But I need to know people that are at the scrimmage so that I can ask them WTF is going on at the scrimmage.

Smart ass.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I was there. I am terrible at football analysis, so take this with a grain of salt. I just go because I enjoy it, and it breaks up a boring day. 

It seems to me that the defense is definitely ahead of the offense. No surprises there. QBs were not impressive. All threw into tight coverage. Huntley was picked off a few times. Running game executed better than passing game. It seems that QBs had defenders in their face on passing downs so Oline is behind the Dline in their progress. Not a big deal as I suppose that is expected. They’ll get it together. 

Tuttle throws a mean fastball over the middle on short throws. Strong arm. The receivers made fantastic catches several times when he did this. My guess is that he will have to tone down those quick short passes over the middle or the ball will get popped up and intercepted. He might have thrown quickly to avoid a sack or to put it in a tight window with a defender all over the receiver. I can’t exactly remember the situations he wad in. Regardless the receivers did catch it and the times it happened the catches were impressive. 

Somebody who knows Xs and Os well might see it completely different than me. But in my very amatuer eyes it seems the offense wasn’t firing on all cylinders. I kinda expected that and am sure they will pick it up. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Huntley is the clear no. 1 today. Tuttle has a big arm and all of the tools and gets better all the time. That said, reading below, you shouldn’t be worried about a transfer with him. He’s in…If Tyler is the guy and I’m betting he will be, Jack will keep preparing for his time here. It will come sooner or later. He’s not the type of kid to look elsewhere…rather the type of kid that will bypass the draft to return for his Senior year to win a title. He’s special…so is Tyler by the way.

Ty Smith is having a great Spring and is giving Boyd some issues with his length and physicality. Bronson is still young with immense talent but needs to continue to learn and also let the play before him go. Needs to continue to mature.

Vonte Davis and Tyreke Lewis are coming along slowly as well.

Donovan Thompson looks really good so far as does Anae of course. Jeremiah “Rex” Jordan is real folks…he’s also massive. He’s a kid you’re gonna love before he’s done here.

Demari Simpkins is having a very good spring so far as well. Tough to guard and is really stepping up.

Tufua is still learning but should help in the Fall…will be interesting to see how and where Pirtle steps in.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Great posts. I reread these.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Loving the insight from @BD and @Onlyu — thanks you guys! Can’t wait for some Utah football!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who's at the scrimmage and WTF is going on