Whose seat will start to get hot first, Coach Whitt or Coach K?

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 9

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’m not suggesting that either should lose thier job in the near future but I think most fans would agree that neither program is where they would like it to be.

I would say the most obvious answer is Coach K because the basketball program seems to be trending down whereas the football program is trending up. But I think Whitt has 3 years to at least win the South before his seat is pretty warm.

6 3

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

K without a doubt. Whitt is a proven success, despite his deficiencies. I wonder about LK and if we have seen his best already.  I don’t see his teams improving much at all through the course of a season and the team intelligence and game awareness is very poor on his teams, and has been for a long time. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I welcome thumbs down and a friendly discussion telling me why my statement above deserves them!

RedLine
          Ute Fan
          @redline

A guess for the thumbs down, fans who don’t think either coach should be in a hot seat discussion.  I wasn’t one of the down votes.  It’s a fine line between making drastic decisions or settling for mediocrity. Personally, I think it’s important for coaches to understand no job is secure but also think both coaches have put up enough positive results for their jobs to be safe in the present   

snafu
      Ute Fan
      @snafu

Neither seat is even remotely warm

1 3

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

So are you satisfied with the product they have been putting on the court/field or have you just come to the conclusion that a Utah based team’s ceiling is 2nd in the South with maybe a South title every 10 years?

Personally I enjoy seeing the football team win 8 or 9 games and I enjoy seeing the basketball team make it into the NCAA tournament but I’m not going to continue to pay for that product forever. At some point I expect more.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Which will kill you first, heart disease or prostate cancer?

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

If Coach K had a healthy Tillman, Seeley, and Bealer his team and record would be better.

Those are 3 guys who were expected to play major minutes this season who are all on the bench for one reason or another.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

But that’s on Larry to either develop the second team or recruit better to minimize the drop-off in talent. He’s getting some good recruits if I remember correctly, we just need more development. It’s not easy. 

I think we’ve all seen that with football. I feel like we’re turning the corner there though. 

2 4

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Larry K has the hot seat. We are in year 7 of his rebuild, and he keeps burning it to the ground.

Yes, our teams would have looked amazing with Markannen, Akot, etc. But we have just been circling the drain too many times and can’t seem to find a way to get over the hump. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

K’s seat is not hot.

My only real issue with K right now is how he’s developing (or, not developing) his bigs. He’s supposed to be a great teacher of big men, yet we get outrebounded every game. And then there’s Jokl, who was supposed to be the next coming of Poeltl, but he can’t even get off the bench. If we had decent bigs we’d be 4-0 in conference right now.

Coreyc04
        Ute Fan
        @greenstormute

barring a miracle we will miss the tournament 3 straight years. That is inexcusable.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah football/basketball are not good enough to fire either KW or LK. .500 and stadium sell out is pure success for Utah football.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Whose seat will start to get hot first, Coach Whitt or Coach K?