Viewing 7 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Nothing to gain. Just stupid.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have been bitching since the announcement. 

5 3

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

Would u rather be playing @colorado on Saturday in the snow with everything to lose? I’ll take a non conference game late in the season every year ala SEC. 

3 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Yes I would. And I don’t think you understand what “everything to lose” means. It means that, no matter the outcome, you still lose. That’s the definition of the BYU-P game right there. 

We played Colorad9 last week and we won a division championship. We had plenty to gain from that game, and we gained it. 

Even if we clobber BYU-P, we’ll probably still drop in the CFP poll thanks to the SOS. That’s what everything to lose means. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Even with the snow Utah did 30 unanswered on them. Colorado was a paper tiger just face the facts. I could see it in that Nebraska win. They were lucky to get that one even. 

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Why is there  Zion curtain laws in Utah…hope this answers your question   

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I just view it as an exhibition / pre-P12 CG warm-up. It’s a game we should win comfortably (though history suggests otherwise). I like having it at the end of the year. Our P-12 schedule is done, nothing to worry about this week. No stress.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Injuries is all I worry about. Utah is in a good place so far to be. Enough offensive power with ridiculous defense. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Ask Greg Hughes why. Cause if we don’t. Audits are coming

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Bill Riley says the only reason Utes fans don’t want the game played is because of arrogance. I guess I’m arrogant.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Arrogance?  Or va te faire foutre…. It doesn’t matter. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

He can definitely go f**k himself. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Arrogance my ass. Our season is over. This game is merely an opportunity for BYU to maim our players prior to the most important game this program has ever played. F**k this noise.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

You bet I’m arrogant. I am sick and tired of having byu on the schedule as our marquee OOC game. It is insane. I don’t mind playing byu, don’t necessarily like the schedule time this year, but having them on the schedule every year has stopped us from scheduling a great H-H series.

Hopefully Mark Harlan can find something special to fill the gaps in 2021-2022, and after 2026.

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

This season I don’t mind playing them, and at the end of the regular season to boot. It gives Shelley, Shyne, Green, Brumfield, Wood, and others 4 more quarters of live action to prepare for the championship game. My only wish is that it was earlier in the day, or even Friday night.

Historically, I’d be worried about dirty play by them, but Kalani seems to be fixing that. From what I’ve seen anyway. (full disclosure, I’ve watched less than 4 full quarters of their games all season)

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

Actually, I would be surprised to see Brumfield play the next 2 games. He has played in 4 games and would lose his redshirt.

St George Ute
          Ute Fan
          @stgeorgeute

Good point. He can sit. He’s done his duty for the season.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why are we playing this game?