Why did we not capitalize on the Johnson to Rhino play last week?

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Why even put that on film if we aren’t going to at least keep Oregon on their heels by putting in Johnson again. You know Rhino rolling out is going to freeze the defense in that situation. Then take an option off that. Did we put it on film in hopes we could win at Colorado? We could put pretty much any walk on in at QB and beat CU.

Cam played a very poor game, too many throws behind the receiver. We only ran a couple end arounds and of course just a couple screen passes. Ludwig did not call a good ball game.

Defense played well enough to win. We are back to the early Pac12 days, need the defense to score to win big games. 

Sadly, the direction college football is heading I don’t know how many more years I’ll stay interested. Teams can now buy a championship. Might as well be baseball where only the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers and a couple other teams ever have a shot at a championship. I quit watching MLB in the early 90s when the Marlins bought a World Series then disbanded the team, and of course after my Pirates in one season lost Bonilla, Van Slyke, Jay Bell, and Barry Bonds. I hate Barry Bonds, he is a chump. Couldn’t even throw Sid Bream out at home. That was the end of caring about the MLB for me, and NFL, haven’t watched it with any regularity for decades.

NHL continues to be of some interest, but College Football is trending in the wrong direction. Let those with deep pockets buy championships, I have no interest in that.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Curious why Whitt chose not use 3rd/4th Qtr vs Stanford and Arizona after being up big to figure out if they had another option at QB?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why did we not capitalize on the Johnson to Rhino play last week?