“Why do BYU fans say that if you are good enough to be drafted, the NFL will

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

find you” as an excuse for a really talented kid to come to BYU. 

Did they not just see what happened to Harvey Langi? 

Had Langi stayed at Utah, I have no doubt in my mind he is drafted as a LB. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

In short, because they are delusional twatnoodles and this is only reason #783029 why we hate them?

In my mind, I can understand and accept why the really talented local kids go out of state if USC or Stanford or the like comes calling. But if the kid’s goal is to ultimately play in the pros, there is no reason to go down there other than family/cultural pressure. They simply don’t have the track record compared to Utah. Hell, even kids like Chase Hansen who were maybe not highly sought after (I don’t recall exactly) will land in the NFL after Utah.

I keep seeing tds fans claim that the superiority of the education down there is another reason (lol). As if a football player is realistically thinking of it that way. 

Newbomb Turk
        Ute Fan
        @newbombturk

“Delusional twatnoodles”. I like that.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Phrase of the week.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Can you be a twatnoodle if you have no hope of making that connection in real life.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Idiots… 

Everyone knows the NFL is not looking for players with short hair cuts.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I’m going to play devil’s advocate here.  I don’t think Harvey would be in the NFL if had he stayed at Utah.  Had he stayed at RB he would have been stuck at the bottom of the depth chart for the past three seasons behind Devonte Booker, Joe Williams, and even Moss and Shyne last year (and with our luck at RB last season he probably would have gotten injured).  If we flipped him over to defense there was no way he would even sniff the starting lineup at LB until 2016.  Kyle would have turned him into a special teams ace and he also would have been thrown on the edge as a situational pass rusher.  It’s hard for the fan in me to admit, but Harvey flipping to byu after his mission was probably the best thing he did for his NFL aspirations.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

For the most part I think you’re right.  I just don’t think Harvey was the best example you could have used.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

He left Utah because Whitt wanted him at LB. he would have sat for his first few years but he would have started last year and he would have been a monster for us. He would have been a Reilly/Orchard OLB/rush end. 

Could you imagine Pita T, Dimick and Harvey rushing the QB? Yikes. 

He would have been drafted had he played LB for us last year. 

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

This is all speculation but my whole thing is I don’t think he would have had a chance to start for us anywhere until last season and even then I don’t think his body of work would have been enough to get him drafted.  If you want to track stats he was a much better MLB than he was a OLB/DE and IMO Kalani screwed him out the draft by changing his position last year.  Had he left Harvey in the middle where Bronco had developed him Harvey probably would have been a mid-late round pick.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Harvey would have been a defensive end at Utah, defensively, and nothing else…and he would have made the NFL IMO. Kyle had him projected at DE from day -100. Kyle knows how to take athletes at that position, bulk them up, and put them in the league. 

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

Perhaps.  I don’t completely disagree with yours or Utah’s points.  I think he could have made a great DE had he been developed there but like I said, I don’t think Harvey would have been more for us than a situational pass rusher.  Just looking back at the DE position since 2014 we’ve had three guys who have signed NFL contracts and one other guy who would have been drafted had he not been injured last year.  That would have been a real tough lineup for Harvey to crack.  He definitely would have been serviceable but he wasn’t any better than the other starting DEs we’ve had for the last several years.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo “Why do BYU fans say that if you are good enough to be drafted, the NFL will