Why hasn’t there been an arrest yet?

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 8

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

This happened almost a week ago. There were dozens of witnesses. Is it just me?! Seems like there should have been an arrest days ago.

Semi-related: I mentioned on another post that an article stated that the police didn’t know who hosted the party days after the shooting. How is that even possible? I’m hoping that the investigators are holding their cards close to their chest and we’ll have more info in the next day or two.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

The statement slcpd released today makes me think they know a lot, but don’t have the corroborating evidence.. 

3 27

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Never trust the cops. Never talk to the cops. Never call the cops.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

Yes, because we all know that crime rates go down when the police aren’t involved.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

And this right here is the problem.  Word is there may have been some illegal substances on the premises and some are afraid they will get busted if certain pictures make their way back to the law.  SLPD has emphasized this is not the case but due to paranoia, I doubt any more will come forward which is really so f**king stupid it makes my heart break.  At worse, even if they break their promise, you would get a posession citation.  

Sometimes it’s got to be about something bigger than you!!!!

alUmnUs
            Ute Fan
            @alumnus

KSL newscast reported earlier this week that it was a “player party.” 

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Even if there is a picture of you snorting coke, without the actual cocaine to use as evidence, the police would have a hard time prosecuting such a case. How would they know it was cocaine if they don’t have it in evidence? But these are kids and they probably don’t understand that. They also may not want their parents or others seeing those pictures.

12 11

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The rumor is that a group of people showed up to the party uninvited and were told to leave. They couldn’t handle the fact that other people didn’t want to be around them based on their bad behavior. Obviously the football players were bigger and stronger so they resorted to using guns. In 2021, it wouldn’t be odd for someone to wear a mask, even if you have video, it’s impossible to ID the shooter. This is exactly why Antifa wears masks, like this guy, they’re cowards who are willing to destroy, but refuse to show their face. It’s possible the people at the party don’t know who they were, even if they witnessed it, all they could do is give a description.

Now, the police said they have leads, which means they might know who these people were, even if they don’t know who pulled the trigger. This is obviously a big story and it hit the news quickly. Chief Brown wants this solved so you can bet the detectives are working on it, but since it was all over the news, the shooter(s) went into hiding and they can’t locate them. They’re looking, but mostly they’re going to have to wait for them to get lazy or comfortable and come out and be spotted by a CI which will then lead to an arrest. This would be why the police are playing like they don’t know much of anything. They don’t want to spook them further, the news media is already doing that enough. Think DC sniper.

Also, don’t be surprised if the shooter fled the state or is already south of the border. My hunch is, they’re still in Utah but laying low.

7 13

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

Antifa? that took a turn. 

8 10

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Antifa,CI’s,DC sniper? Those are some really weird thoughts

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Antifa was a shot at dystopia and his stupid comments. The DC sniper case is a good case to look at how police handle the media during a high profile case. Acting like they don’t know much, but they have a good idea. Police use CI’s all of the time. Explain how that is weird? Suggesting the police show everything and don’t use CI’s is uninformed and weird.

6 14

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Antifa, especially in the States, are a bunch of children LARPing, believing that they are doing something important. The movement has no gas and I consider it part of the problem. When we fight against each other over petty politics, abortion, gun rights, LGBT rights, govt. elections, etc., we offer a smoke screen to the actual problems workers around the world are facing, namely, global capitalism, transnational corporate control, systematized endemic poverty. Antifa, in offering that smoke screen, are assisting in that control, a wealth control system which has, as its enforcers, the cops.

Hahnenwk
        Ute Fan
        @hahnenwk

Antifa????

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Maybe no one is talking because in certain circles snitches get stitches.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Just that first paragraph tells you a lot. Detectives have to tie off “leads” sometimes. With high profile cases like this people in the community attempt to insert themselves into an investigation. So tips will be added to this and it will waste time because it could create reasonable doubt at trial or the DA will decline. 

If there is video of the incident it may be poorly lit or possibly the person was wearing a mask or the video quality is terrible or no one is coming forward because they fear retaliation. 

The county Metro Gang unit could have a very good idea who it is. They could be in the process of locating the person. 

Possibly the female was the intended victim and Lowe was caught in the crossfire. Just the many possibilities of this crime. 

5 2

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Because putting together a Murder case takes time and careful investigation and evidence gathering, and the police aren’t bound to your schedule and need to know.

5 1

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I hope they catch and prosecute the shooter. I also hope they get it done sooner rather than later. However, I want it done right so the guilty party stays convicted.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why hasn’t there been an arrest yet?