Why should we be excited about the Utah offense this fall?

Viewing 5 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Putting up a lot of points….my idea of a lot is like 35. I feel like if Utah averaged that during a season you win the South last season I think.  

So what is a lot to you all?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

35 is a lot, I think.  The Ute defense is good enough to hold nearly every team below 30.

Key is consistency from game-to-game and scoring in the red zone.

In 2016: Cal scored 28, Utes turned it over on downs inside the 5.
      Washington scored 31, Utes had a chance when it was 24-24 but went 3-and-out when they needed a solid drive
      Oregon scored 30, Utes could not match at 28
      Colorad9 scored 27, Utes had ohfensive blow-ups in the red zone

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We getting 80 points per game.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

At least. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Pretty impressive for a sophmore to beat out two senior 4* QB’s, and having a recruiting analyst saying he should have given Huntley that fourth star. With Carrington to throw the ball too, a fearless receiver in Nacua (any resemblance to Covey? Know zilch about the guy) the tall glass of kool-aid is getting pretty full.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

To me, a lot would be an amount in line with previous Pac-12 Champions. The last 6 conference champs have averaged 40.77 ppg. The only real outlier among the six is Stanford in 2012 who averaged 27.9 ppg.

If Utah can average 35 ppg, we will probably win the division. If we can average closer to 40 ppg, we probably win the conference.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

For comparison, we have averaged 28.7 ppg over the last six years. Our best year was 31.3 in 2014 and our worst year was 25.0 in 2011.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Thanks for the numbers, Utethunder. I would like at least 35 as well. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Holy cow. I just listened to that whole video, and it made me quite happy in the… heart.

The family thing… that was awful cool to hear him say that he gets chills talking about it and that it’s so for real. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why should we be excited about the Utah offense this fall?