Will Alex come to Utah?

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have no clue.  However, he is being recruited.  Is he the number one choice?  I don’t know that either, but IMO he should be.

If he does come, I believe it is critical that he finds assistants who have strong recruiting experience.  Alex doesn’t have that.

If I am Harlan, I would be doing everything possible to get Alex on board.  He is a perfect fit for a once renowned program.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

Agree 100%. Think of it like football. How much recruiting does Kyle Whittingham actually do? I thought it was his assistant coaches who do most of the recruiting? Well, apply that same logic to basketball. No person out there is perfect. Everyone is going to have flaws that need to be improved. Do not forget however that Jensen was an assistant coach for four years under Majerus at Saint Louis. Ergo, he would have had experience there in the recruiting game. Albeit ten years ago. Again, that’s what assistant coaches are for. It’s sorta like being a store manager. The manager can’t do everything that is needed to run the store by themselves. That’s why they hire people to do certain jobs that they simply don’t have the time nor skills to perform. They instead allow others to do those jobs so they can instead focus on what they do best: being the store manager. It’s the same with a head coach. That is why they have assistants: to do the jobs that they don’t have the time nor the skills to perform. Such as recruiting.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

You also have to consider for BBall, that they have to recruit only a handful of players each cycle. For football, they have to recruit dozens.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Will Alex come to Utah?