Will we at least be able to set limits on where Tuttle can and can’t go?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I don’t know all the transfer rules. Can we tell him he can’t go to another team in the Pac12? The last thing I want is for him to become the next Heisman and torch us for 3 or 4 years.

Plus, he kinda screwed us over so we don’t owe him sh*t.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Pac-12 transfers have an additional rules – He’d lose another year of eligibility unless Utah released him from that so we won’t see him at a Pac-12 school

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/usc/genrel/auto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/Pac-12_Intra_Conf_Transfer.pdf

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

From what I’ve read, he’s looking outside of the PAC anyway so that he doesn’t have to sit out a year. Ohio St, Duke, Vandy, WV, A&M. 

But who knows. 

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

He still has to sit out a year ( A year from when his enrollment changes) but he doesn’t lose the extra year of eligibility he would lose if he transferred to a P-12 school

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

So if he’s going to have to sit a year at another school, then I would imagine playing time isn’t the reason he’s leaving. He can either stay and (probably) sit a year or he can leave and definitely sit a year.

At least if he stayed, he could live up to his hype and beat out Huntley next year for the starting job.

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

He will only have to sit for one year from the date of his change in enrollment. So, assuming he goes outside the PAC 12, he could be playing by Mid October of 2019. 

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

But, how likely is that to happen? How many coaches are going to switch their starting QB mid-season unless it is due to injury?

Dwight89
                Ute Fan
                @jordan-buckner

I can think of about 20-25 Power Five teams with losing records by mid october that would be more than happy to make a qb change midway through the season (assuming that qb is better than the started and is only sitting due to transfer rules). 

To your point, those teams are probably not the teams Jack wants to transfer to. 

PlainsUte
              Ute Fan
              @plainsute

No school is going to allow someone to enroll in Mid-October.

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

What if they are on the quarter system?

PlainsUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @plainsute

Quarter systems would have started late September.  Still too late.

UteThunder
                    Ute Fan
                    @utethunder

And they wouldn’t let someone enroll a few weeks late? 

PlainsUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @plainsute

Considering he hasn’t yet decided where he’s going it is going to be way more than a few weeks late.

Dwight89
                Ute Fan
                @jordan-buckner

I thought the rule was he could enroll in school, but just wasnt eligible to play until he hits the year mark of his “change in enrollment”. Meaning, doesnt dropping out of school count as a change in enrollment? I could be wrong, but that was my understanding

NarfUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @narfute

That’s what I had thought – Which is why Jason Thompson got to play in the vegas bowl vs. Colorado State

But that might have been because the semester had ended marking his year transfer

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Playing time is the only issue that makes sense. He’s third string behind a RS freshman, Jayden Daniels is coming in and Huntley will be the starter again next year.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If he can’t crack the two deep at Utah, something tells me Ohio State isn’t for him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Why would we?  If he can’t see the field at QB-challenged Utah…why would we be worried?

1 1

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Utah’s “QB challenges” have less to do with our recruits and way more to do with our head coach. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

He probably feels the exact same way about our coaching staff.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Will we at least be able to set limits on where Tuttle can and can’t go?