Will we even make the NIT?!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

ESPN was talking about 16-16 texas as a bubble team to make the big dance and isnt even considering Oregon. That makes me wonder if we will even make the NIT…

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

No.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Nope. Done with Larry. I dont blame the players. K recruits them, develops them and teaches or doesnt how to play defense.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I doubt NIT.  But a CBI, yes.

But do we accept?  Are we a proud program too good for a CBI bid?

Dante Guardi
        Ute Fan
        @danteg12

what the hell is the CBI?

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

It’s the college basketball postseason equivalent of the Idaho Potato Bowl.

palos_verdes_ute
          Ute Fan
          @palos-verdes-ute

I think Boylen went one year.   A lot of major programs would turn an invitation down thinking it degrades the schools reputation.

The CBI selects 16 teams that are not selected for the NCAA Tournament or the National Invitation Tournament[1] (NIT), and who are willing to pay a $50,000 entry fee to participate.[2] In the CBI, [3] teams compete on home courts. The CBI is a single-elimination tournament until the final two teams are determined, after which the championship is determined by a championship series with a best-two-out-of-three format.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Will we even make the NIT?!