Will Whittingham hire

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 1

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

After he’s fired/resigns as BYU’s head coach, will Kyle rehire his old friend Kalani Sitake?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

might help recruiting somewhat, but would rather he not

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He hired GA after he did some pretty harmful s**t so I don’t see why he wouldn’t with Sitake. 

Sitake was an idiot taking that job. Maybe like two more years at another school after OSU and he gets a head coaching job outside of the butthole of Utah. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

What did Gary do that was so harmful? 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Sure. BUT, who do you fire? Shah is one of the top CB coaches in the country. Scalley is a better DC than Sitake. Our LB’ers are more talented and have performed better under Ena than under Sitake. Andersen is a better coach than Sitake. 

So, that leaves Powell. Powell is really starting to round off into a really, really good recruiter. If he closes on some of the hawaii kids that he is recruiting this year, then

What good does Kalani bring? 

Since Kalani has left, our defense is better, our recruiting is better, less drama around the team, and our coaches are cheaper (remember, we were going to pay Kalani over $800,000 to stay on as DC). 

I don’t see a reason why we’d bring him back. 

The real question is does Scalley take the BYU job after this year? We know he needs to leave before he can be head coach. Would he do that? I don’t think he’d be that dumb. I think he’d try to go coach in Texas or California as a HC…somewhere like Fresno or Baylor. 

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

You mean Morgan “I hate those pricks” Scalley?

I don’t see him going to the TDS.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Scalley was making more as an assistant at Utah than byu-P offered him to be their DC. There is zero chance he takes a job there.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Their schedules will preclude any intelligent coach from coaching there. Their schedules are too hard. They don’t recruit well enough to win with those schedules. It’s why Roscoe left. 

No coach will last more than 3-4 years there until they readjust expectations and realize their ceiling with these schedules is 6-8 wins. 

If BYU was smart, they’d go back to a G5 conference and spend 65 million a year on athletics while their conference mates are spending 45. It’s what they do best. 

At that point, it’s a great job to take. 

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

At that point it would be a great career move.  As of right now, it is a career dead end.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Will Whittingham hire