Wilner on the PAC with Larry Scott

Viewing 1 reply thread
      1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Larry Scott the weirdo

I mentioned the overwhelming fan support for staging the game in Las Vegas, at the Raiders’ new stadium, and asked if there’s a leader in the clubhouse.

“It would be incorrect to say there’s a frontrunner,” Scott said.

“It’s clear to me that we’ve got some interesting options that didn’t exist a few years ago, like Las Vegas and Los Angeles. I know our fan base enjoys going to Las Vegas” — the men’s basketball tournament at T-Mobile Arena has been a big hit — “but we’ve only started looking for 2020 and beyond.”

I asked again, with slightly different wording.  “We stay attuned to what the fans want and take that into consideration,” he said.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I know Wilner is doing his best to represent Scott in a “fair” manner. But good hell who answers a question like that? “It would be incorrect to say there’s a front runner…”

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

In his defense, it wouldn’t be wise to suggest who the “front-runner” is while he is still trying to negotiate a deal with the front runner.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yes but his first answer is super weird. I guess being fair we don’t get the exact wording of the question. His second answer is the far more veiled answer to balance his true thoughts. 

I think the people looking to sign the conference know he doesn’t give two s**ts about the conference or fans. 

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Exactly, if you tell Vegas right away that they’re preferred, you ruin your bargining power.   Need to have 2 or 3 sites bidding thinking they each have a shot.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Wilner on the PAC with Larry Scott