Wilner’s predictions.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Mercury news

I disagree strongly with his take on fUCLA and Colorado. Probably the most with fUCLA I just don’t see Utah being beat soundly by that awful defense. Obviously injury not being a factor Utah wins going away. 

Comment: It is the Hotline’s firm belief that the Utes will lose the Holy War … sometime before 2030.

The dig on TDS is hilarious. 

2 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If I remember right, he always picks us to win 6 or 7 games. He picked us perfectly when we won 8 and 5 games and he uses that as a reason to prove he knows Utah and he is justified in picking us to always be mediocre. He picked us for 5 wins last year, we had 7, so….

I personally think he doesn’t think we belong and he likes to troll BYU fans and pander to them a little as well. They are active online and they generate clicks. So, if he can pick us to be mediocre and take a dig at them, he gets them all riled up and they all flock to his site to see what he said and he gets clicks. 

He is the FOX news of the PAC-12. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

The mean for us isn’t that far off. I think we outperform but when was he punished for being skeptical?

As to BYU, he is tired of their s**t and gets a bump in page views when they complain. Outside of Utah why not swipe at BYU homers. They’re hilariously thin skinned.

2 4

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Utah will win the Pac-12 championship this year. I’ve never thought that before so not a homer pick. The schedule looks tough but I think utah is better than every team we play. What worries me the most is Whit. He always seemingly makes awful decisions in crunch time( see uw last year for example).  Regarding UCLA, I think they are going to be very good. Kelly is a premiere coach and you have a ton of talent as UCLA has recruited really well. Super excited for the season.  Will be in Dekalb for N.Illinois game and can’t wait. 

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I posted my season predictions earlier. I still have the feeling we lose to UCLA. I think they are going to be a fairly mediocre team, but will be Utah’s WTF loss this year. Short week, after a tough stretch of games and w/ Chip Kelly they will be good enough to knock off a few teams.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I just feel like he’s a lazy writer.  He seems reasonable in interviews, and he even gives Utah credit where it is due, but what he wrote is definitely not the whole picture of what he really thinks.  I still think he’s way off for Colorado and UCLA though, so with his other predictions, that would put us at 10-2 and Division champs.  I just can’t see Colorado outmuscling us, even if we have injuries, they don’t do well with powerful backs, and we have 3 of those.  Maybe UCLA puts it all together for us, but I don’t see it, especially if we’re healthy.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Seems like he is banking heavily on injuries stacking up and Utah failing because of it.  Then he sort of picks blindly. Chip Kelly for many people on the west coast still love the guy. He had Nike banking the team and he was cheating at Oregon. He did recruit really well and got some great athletes through there but I don’t see him as the cause of it all. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Also his Stanford pick he just wanted to do a creative way of saying Stanford wins by one?  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Check the schedule. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wilner’s predictions.