With Sewell announcing at 3 and likely headed to Oregon I’m sure we’ll hear

Viewing 3 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

complaints about keeping the local kid home.  If we get Enis we steal the #2 player in Arizona.  ASU and Arizona have each signed just 1 Arizona Top 15 recruit.

Colorado, Oregon and Oregon St each signed 3 of their top 15.  Washington – 5, Wash St – 2

Utah has signed 5.  

Winning the South will keep more home but compared to other places we seem to be doing just fine and probably better than average.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

So much this. I’d love to get Sewell, but if we don’t, this class is still amazing. 

Cravens and Mata’afa are vastly underrated due to injury. Utah passed on much higher rated players for Cravens and Mata’afa. 

Then add in Tuttle, who could have gone anywhere. 

And if we have Enis as well. Wow. 

A small, but star studded class. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah, it isn’t a killer and the program will grow in spite of this. It does raise a question in my mind, how is the health of program’s presence in southern Utah? It looks like there are some players in the area. Do they connect with the U? Does the staff focus on that part of the state as much as the northern part, relative to the players produced?

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

I have always said kids want to see other places. CA is kind of the exception. It’s such a big state that moving 50 miles makes it seem like a different place. 

If I remember correctly Kyle also stated he was going to take a different approach to in state kids after last years loss of Tufele.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football With Sewell announcing at 3 and likely headed to Oregon I’m sure we’ll hear