Without Booker, how do these next two games go?

Viewing 9 reply threads

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

How confident are you in the backups?

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

I love Booker but I think we’ll be fine.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Honestly?

I think we’ll be just fine. I think Booker is a special talent and has a future in the NFL (given that the surgery goes well), but we’ve got such depth on this team now. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Joe Williams. I think Booker’s absence will make everyone else step up their game… which could be a good thing. Couple that with a more than capable running back, and we’ll be just fine.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Only question I have is blitz pickup. Can Williams accurately read the protection scheme and shift to pickup a blitz?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

After watching Williams in the last game I think we will be fine.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Wish Mccromick wasnt out. UCLAs soft spot is their rush d, so we might be ok. But not as ok as we’d be with a healthy Booker. This will make us pass more. Interested to see what that looks like…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This will make us pass more. Interested to see what that looks like…

Be careful what you ask for.

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

I don’t see our game plan changing.

YodaUte
        Ute Fan
        @yodaute

Our game plan is give the ball to Booker. I think that has changed.

Jumpmasterute
          Ute Fan
          @jumpmasterute

Our game plan is give the ball to the RB.
          I’m betting Williams/Poole can get the job done… If they can hold on to the ball and catch one or two passes.
          I don’t think rushing yards will be a problem.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Our game plan is give the ball to Booker. I think that has changed.

That @yodaute is smart.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t forget Dre’Vian Young, he’s a burner. Also, Joe Williams is faster than Booker.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Not only is Joe faster than Booker, Joe hits the hole MUCH MUCH faster than Booker. Booker approaches the line a little slower and lets the blocking develop. I’m not saying one way is better than another, just different. I don’t think the offense is going to look any different.

As far as Joe’s ability to pick up the blitz? There was only one opportunity to see this in the AZ game. Joe spotted the linebacker coming in but the pocket collapsed and Travis was sacked. Could not draw any conclusions from this one play.

I don’t think our offense will be any better or worse with Joe. The change might mess with UCLA more than it will mess with us. This could actually turn out to be an advantage in our favor.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yes, Booker times his attack through the lanes and holes. He’ll wait for the blocking to develop, plant his foot and then unleash his running fury. That’s what made it so fun to watch him.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Without Booker, how do these next two games go?