Working on that multiple post issue again

Viewing 0 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Looks like the roughing the passer spam bots/posts may have been thwarted for now. So I picked back up some work on the double post issue. It seems that code I had in to prevent that issue from happening doesn’t work on safari. That means anyone using an iPhone may have had the issue. I had some sql code setup years ago to prevent this which worked, but it searched the db for duplicates and that was a lot of bandwidth. I tried a few other solutions but have gone back to the sql way of doing it, but hopefully tweaked it so that it doesn’t eat up too many site resources. Let’s watch and see how it goes, and hope there are no more mulitple posts.

Just in case, please DO NOT refresh your browser when posting, or hit the back button after posting. If you want to reload the home page on the www site, just hit the “Home” button, and/or the Ute Hub icon in the navbar. If a popup appears and asks if you want to “resubmit” something, be strong. Just say no!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Working on that multiple post issue again