Would you rather…..

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Would you rather have a four year starter for football or a two year phenom?

Would you rather have a one and done cycle of amazing players or four year grinders?

@Duhwayne
      . I think you need a blend to remain healthy as a program but I would much rather have LL grade out well enough to leave in 2016. That means Utah benefitted a lot from his rising draft stock. I would love to see Huntley play himself into the second round. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Hey BGU, I hear you. Would be great to see Huntley play that well.

Re Lowell, my point was more that I wonder if we are evaluating 2017 based on what happened as an UDFA. I think his play dropped off in 2017 but still was pretty damn good. Other than maybe Vea and Maafala, who was obviously better in conference? He clearly had more potential and the shoulder was unfortunate but overall it was great to have him. If he doesn’t want to play anymore, I can’t fault him. When I saw that he didn’t run the 40 and benched 20 reps, I figured he didn’t really want it.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It’s actually an interesting thing to think about. Obviously we want guys to stay and play for Utah as long as they can. On Dline where Utah is so deep much like corner I want to see two and NFL. I fully expect JJ to be gone after this season making a big check. These are the things that lead to winning big games. NFL talent showing out. LL and Mokofisi really never asserted themselves as damn that’s Utah Dline is fierce. 

2 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Are you talking about Johnson at CB? He’s a sophomore. We have him two more seasons at a minimum.

As far as Lowell goes, I don’t fault him for anything. Football is an insanely violent sport and it’s worse at the next level. Hard to bash your face in everyday when you have a brother who is willing to take care of you.

“I can bash my head in everyday for a certain level of lifestyle or not bash my head in, have help from my brother and live the same life…”

Easy decision.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Agreed that last year was a step back. Looking forward to this fall. A lot!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Last year was weird because we had so many injuries. We had so many “NFL” guys and then so many “young but talented” guys. Nothing in between. 

Lowell was not healthy until the last 2-3 games. Moko is good, but not good enough. Fitts was never healthy. That forced a lot of young guys onto the field, especially at the end spot. 

Heninger, a walk-on freshman, played a lot at DE. 

That tells you what type of year it was at DL last year. The bad news is, it happened. The good news is, Fotu, Heninger, Penisini, Tonga, Anae and Repp are all experienced veterans returning instead of young, but talented guys. 

Sprinkle in a little Gary Andersen, and we have the shaping of a heck of DL. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

And that is Utah football ladies and gents. 

It doesn’t suck it gives us 8-9 wins but it isn’t the promise land yet. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Two year phenom, as long as we get a new one every two years.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would you rather…..